Independent Renault Forums banner

battery drain, mk2 scenic

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  750gac 
#1 ·
Hi all

I am having random battery drain problems with my scenic, a lot of people on here seem to suggest this could be a dephaser pulley solenoid fault can anyone tell me where the solenoid can be found and how to fault find whether it is staying on or not.

#2 ·
The dephaser solenoid is at the front end of the cam cover towards the inlet side.

Ideally you need a multi-meter set to amps. Disconnect the positive terminal form the battery - connect the meter between the battery and terminal - measure the ampage (make a note of its value) - disconnect the dephaser solenoid electrical connection and watch if the ampage on the meter drops.

#3 ·
Hi Madnoel10,

Thanks for your very prompt reply, Have found the solenoid and with a current clamp on + battery lead I seem to have a 2 amp drain on battery, for some reason I can't get the connector off the solenoid (don't want to force it in case it breaks, is there some trick to it's removal) so can't isolate that as the source of the battery drain, I did however remove the general power supply fuse in the glove box and the current drain disappeared and on refitting it it has stayed away. I'm sure this is not fixed but can't really fault find it until it comes back. will try it again tomorrow when it's light again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.