: Espace Fog Light

nidger_1999
16th December 2006, 04:32 PM
My rear fog light doesnt work, can anybody tell me where the fuse is to this, and what number it is in the fuse box. and is there a relay that could of blown.
And what else does this fuse run.

im just lost on where to find these things..so i can test them.
its an espace phase 3.

thanks

leroy
16th December 2006, 05:01 PM
Hi nidger and welcome to Renault Forums. I'm sure one of the guys will give you some advice soon. I asume that the bulb is OK?. Also check for any signs of moisture and corrosion in the housing as these could short the connections. Do you have the two position switch for fogs,i.e. one turn for just front fogs, two turns for both?
Regards Leroy

Donald
16th December 2006, 07:07 PM
hi it is the same as my espace at the drivers foot well there is a black plastic cover 6x6inches square there are two plastic screws at the bottom that them out to open the fuse box on the other side there are numbers and diagrams the fuse you are looking for.

hope this helps

nidger_1999
16th December 2006, 07:26 PM
its a mk 2 96 model, ive checked for moisture and bulb, they are all ok.
my fuse box is in the glove box, which drops down, i know that most fuses work other things aswell, such as it might be with the head lights fuse.. everything else seems to work ok...just my fog light is'nt

Donald
16th December 2006, 07:36 PM
do you realise that the fog light will only come on when you have your main lights on

nidger_1999
16th December 2006, 07:50 PM
LoL, yes...I know it only works with headlights on...

Donald
16th December 2006, 07:54 PM
i did mean to say your thick:rofl:

the long way round it may take you ten mins just check them one at a time if its a fuse you will find it that way

nidger_1999
17th December 2006, 02:12 PM
i think i may have found the problem,
i didnt know that when u dropped the fuse box down in the glove box, there were other relays up inside and to left.
relays with fuses in the top of them,
well where my rear foglight relay supposed to be, it aint there,

my next question is, wot sort of relay is this, could i used and relay, or is it a special one..?

jimPECK
23rd January 2007, 12:13 PM
2000 espaces rear fog lights are controlled by the main uch via the rear wiper motor

nidger_1999
23rd January 2007, 07:19 PM
thanks for all your help, but ive sorted the problem out for my self,
i just brought a relay for 5, and it works great...

RobB
12th July 2007, 03:26 PM
\Hi Nidger I have the same problem. Which relay did you find that toy needed to replace ? Rob

nidger_1999
12th July 2007, 07:29 PM
if you look in your glove box, and drop your fuses box down.
as your looking at your fuses, turn you head to the left and look up at the empty hole,
the rerlays are up in the left corner,
i think there either 4 on the top row, and four on the bottom..
its the bottom row, and the first one closest to you...
i just pulled out any of the top ones, and put it in its place, turned the lights on and it worked...
i the took the same one to a relay shop, and asked for the same relay but 30amps one.. which cost 5

hope this helps..

leroy
12th July 2007, 07:44 PM
Good result nidger and many thanks for getting back to us.
Regards Leroy

RobB
13th July 2007, 05:07 PM
thanks nidger for the quick reply. Unfortunately it doesnt seem to be the relay, they all seem fine.I'll try and sort it out this weekend if its not to wet, having no garage. Why can't they make wiring simple say like a trailer lead with all the wires in one accessible cable and all the fuses and relays in one accessible place clearly marked? Rob