: Renault Scenic - Electronic Problems Caused By Interference

kitbooth
4th March 2007, 06:15 PM
I've been experiencing odd software problems since new with my '54 Scenic Privilege dci 1.9. Auto wipers very erratic in operation, sometimes the intermittent adjustment would make them speed up or slow down, rear wiper would run continuously, they would operate when there was no rain and vice versa etc. Also I have received low tyre pressure warnings even though I don't have that option fitted! And the radio's automatic sound level would vary from a whisper to blowing the doors off.
Dealer has done everything - error codes, reload software etc to no avail, until now.
In desperation he suggested moving my Trafficmaster receiver, which sits in the top of the windscreen, somewhere else in the car - and, like magic, the wipers now work properly and so far no sign of other oddities. They had a similar problem on a Megane with a Bluetooth adapter.... It seems that some interference from the Trafficmaster receiver is getting into the multiplex system via the wiper/lights sensor. Thought this might be of interest to anyone with a similar problem.

Asterix
4th March 2007, 06:20 PM
I've been experiencing odd software problems since new with my '54 Scenic Privilege dci 1.9. Auto wipers very erratic in operation, sometimes the intermittent adjustment would make them speed up or slow down, rear wiper would run continuously, they would operate when there was no rain and vice versa etc. Also I have received low tyre pressure warnings even though I don't have that option fitted! And the radio's automatic sound level would vary from a whisper to blowing the doors off.
Dealer has done everything - error codes, reload software etc to no avail, until now.
In desperation he suggested moving my Trafficmaster receiver, which sits in the top of the windscreen, somewhere else in the car - and, like magic, the wipers now work properly and so far no sign of other oddities. They had a similar problem on a Megane with a Bluetooth adapter.... It seems that some interference from the Trafficmaster receiver is getting into the multiplex system via the wiper/lights sensor. Thought this might be of interest to anyone with a similar problem.

Very good post, things like this are very welcome I'm sure by all

ottoman
4th March 2007, 06:23 PM
Yep good post Kitbooth this could be very useful.

Regards

Ottoman

mowerman
6th March 2007, 07:23 PM
I had a similar sort of experience. When I've used my laptop in the car (parked up!) and used the wireless internet. The car software has done miscellaneous strange things until I've switched the engine off & on again.

Looks like a bit of susceptibility to wireless transmission. I've heard of similar things near taxi offices.

Mowerman