: Renault Scenic - Finding Radio Code And Inputting Code

crtvak
8th March 2007, 06:07 AM
I have just had the Resistor replaced on my Scenic 2.0 Fidji 2002 Auto.
They must have disconnected the battery while doing this as all clocks etc. were reset. Problem is I went to turn the radio on today and it asks me for a code that I do not have as I did not have the Owners manuals when I bought the car.
Is there a default code for these systems?
Many thanks
Chris

Please note:
We do not allow the distribution of radio codes via the forum. We will also remove links to radio code sites where necessary. We are not confident that radio codes provided by anybody but a genuine Renault dealer are strictly legal, and are therefore not happy for this content to appear on the forum. It is, however, completely acceptable to ask for help in entering a genuine radio code. If you need a code, we would recommend that you contact your local dealer

Getafix
8th March 2007, 09:54 AM
Hi crtvak

There is no default code for these radios,you can imagine if there was the thieves would be able to overide every one with ease.The only way to get it operating is to enter the correct code if it is the original radio any Renault dealer can supply the code from the records given proof of ownership.

There may be some software available to crack this feature but philips seems to the most secure.

I recommend a visit to Reno.

:) :)

SportTourer
8th March 2007, 10:04 AM
The code wouldn't be in the owners manual. If you have it it should be in the "service book" at the front where all the other info with engine no etc in it.

As said go to Renault garage to obtain code, try asking tha garage that repaired the car for you to get the code from them, then if there is a charge they can pay.

It has been known for some radios to have the code actually wqritten on the radio itself. Presumably by previous owners who have removed the radio for some reason.
May be worth taking the radio out and having a look.

crtvak
8th March 2007, 03:55 PM
Thank you very much for the info. I have had a look in the Service book and it is in there. How do I enter this code?
Chris

Getafix
8th March 2007, 04:12 PM
Hi crtvak

Follow this method :-

Code Entry as Follows:
Switch Radio On - Display Shows
" CODE "
Press " ¬ " On The Stalk Control To Enter
Rotate " Thumbwheel " For Correct Digit
If the correct code number is now shown
Press And Hold " ¬ " Until A Beep Is Heard
And the Radio will then Turn On

Hope this helps.

crtvak
8th March 2007, 04:31 PM
Thank you Glenda but mine is not the new shape mine is the phase II. I have the computer control on the wiper end but no thumbwheel
Chris

Getafix
8th March 2007, 04:46 PM
Hi me again.

ah ok will try a search for your method...let me know if you find it first.

Getafix
8th March 2007, 05:41 PM
Hi crtvak

Can only find instructions for remotes with thumbwheels.

Hopefully someone will come along with your method of code entry.

(pass)

:confused:

Truckbusuk
8th March 2007, 08:03 PM
Hi CRTVAK, the remote and thumbwheel Glenda is refering to is the stereo remote controls (RHS of the steering wheel behind the wheel/stalks) not the computer control on the wiper stalk.

Hope it helps :)

Getafix
8th March 2007, 08:16 PM
Hi crtvak

Here is a picture of it in this link :-

Remote control stalk for stereo (http://www.kampenwagen.co.uk/stereo%20remote.htm)

crtvak
9th March 2007, 06:06 AM
Thank you Glenda and Truck, I found it!!! followed your instructions this morning and works great thank you very much. You just saved me another £15 as the garage did not want yo know when we rang them!
Thanks again
Chris

Mickdoc
9th March 2007, 10:13 AM
There is no such thing as a default code.
The Code number is in the front of the Service Booklet - failing that your local Renault dealer can obtain the information through the vehicles VIN details. Adsk, they may do it for free!!
Alternative is to try :censored:
I could do it on my PC if you were nearby - Needs probe attached to radio.
Some decoders are able to do it from the Serial Number alone.

Getafix
9th March 2007, 10:29 AM
Hi All

Thought this one was sorted (double post ?) see :-

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/electronics/17996-aduio-code.html

coffeemad dad
9th March 2007, 10:33 AM
Glenda,
are you going to change your mood sign?

Mickdoc
9th March 2007, 10:35 AM
Yeah
Just seen all this on other post.

Getafix
9th March 2007, 10:41 AM
hehe

re mood sign....relaxed

you do not want to see me when i'm angry.

jb5370
21st September 2007, 05:50 PM
Perfect ! worked first shot. Thanks

dexter1972
1st October 2007, 10:14 PM
Renault Forums does not allow the supply of Radio Codes

DustyBin
24th October 2007, 03:40 PM
I've just had to enter my radio code for my Laguna after the battery was disconnected and Getafix's instructions were spot on.

Thank you Getafix!

jesse matthews
19th May 2008, 12:27 PM
I have put the wrong code in and now when i press the "¬ " button noyhing happens. Does it lock itself after a certain amount of tries. Shall i try disconnecting the battery again?

madnoel10
19th May 2008, 12:40 PM
If the wrong code is entered the radio will lock you out for around 10 mins - after each attempt the waiting time will double but you will need to leave it switched on so its internal clock can count the time:)

jesse matthews
19th May 2008, 01:14 PM
Thank, i'll give it a try. Just hope the car doesnt get pinched with the keys in the ignition, lol.

jesse matthews
19th May 2008, 01:30 PM
It worked!, cheers Madnoel10. the wife will be over the moon.

madnoel10
19th May 2008, 03:53 PM
Good news Jesse - only too glad to help.:)

Charenton
20th May 2008, 09:46 AM
Thank, i'll give it a try. Just hope the car doesnt get pinched with the keys in the ignition, lol.

Jesse, I don't know if the radio fitted to the Laguna 1 is similar in operation to the Scenic 1, Phase 2, but you don't need to have the ignition on for the radio to operate. You just press the on button.

dave_mezza2006
20th May 2008, 09:50 AM
Jesse, I don't know if the radio fitted to the Laguna 1 is similar in operation to the Scenic 1, Phase 2, but you don't need to have the ignition on for the radio to operate. You just press the on button.

The stereo will only stay on for 20mins if the keys are not in the ignition before turning itself off. Helps prevent the battery being drained.

Well thats how it works in the Lag II. :o :)

jesse matthews
20th May 2008, 10:02 AM
thanks to all, got it going!

Charenton
20th May 2008, 10:06 AM
The stereo will only stay on for 20mins if the keys are not in the ignition before turning itself off. Helps prevent the battery being drained.

That would be a problem then. In the Scenic the radio stays on for a hour without the ignition on. You can press the button again for as many hours as you wish, should you need to.

I used to be one of those sad people who sat by the roadside in the car counting traffic for the local authority. I counted down my shift by the number of times I had to press the radio button.

dave_mezza2006
20th May 2008, 10:08 AM
That would be a problem then. In the Scenic the radio stays on for a hour without the ignition on. You can press the button again for as many hours as you wish, should you need to.

I used to be one of those sad people who sat by the roadside in the car counting traffic for the local authority. I counted down my shift by the number of times I had to press the radio button.

Umm... you may be able to do that on the Lag II - never tried it...dont wont a flat battery... LOL

costeau
19th April 2009, 11:19 AM

That would be a problem then. In the Scenic the radio stays on for a hour without the ignition on.
You can press the button again for as many hours as you wish, should you need to.

From what I understand, the time until the stereo turns itself off depends on the stereo head unit itself, rather than the car model.
From my understanding of the stereo's wiring, this is the case with the Tuner List fitted in my Laguna as well
(…unless the UCH is working some black magic which can't be interpreted through the wiring itself, that is).

In the old days, the high-power [+] feed would just be connected either to the radio fuse directly, or to the ignition feed,
depending on whether you wanted the ignition to turn the radio off or not.
With the advent of digital tuners - where the presets were stored in electronic memory - came the low-power [+] feed,
to be connected to the radio fuse directly, in order to power the radio memory with the ignition off.

In modern car stereos that's been reversed: It's the ignition feed which is low-power, and the other feed which is high-power.
The ignition feed only tells the stereo if the ignition is on, or not, and the the head unit's internal timer uses that to decide when it's time to power off.
Some stereos have a feature which allows you to set that waiting time yourself.
(Dunno if any of Renault's factory fitted units have that possibility.)

I used to be one of those sad people who sat by the roadside in the car counting traffic for the local authority.
I counted down my shift by the number of times I had to press the radio button.

Having a job like that certainly warrants having the possibility to change the power off time on the radio anyway. :cool:

Adrian T
28th April 2009, 08:00 PM
They must have disconnected the battery while doing this as all clocks etc. were reset. Problem is I went to turn the radio on today and it asks me for a code that I do not have as I did not have the Owners manuals when I bought the car.
Is there a default code for these systems? If so can someone please post it for me.
Many thanks
Chris

No Default Code - Look in front page of Manual - May Help as details of various codes and numbers there on a sticker . press button 1 to put in code number you have to keep pressing till number comes up that yopu want as first number, then do same with button number 2......and 3..... and button 4, when all 4 numbers for code displayed press button 6 keep button 6 pressed in till you hear BEEP and radio should be on. if you dont have code number you will have to consult dealer or get a new radio from ARGOS !!

johncarter
1st July 2009, 01:01 PM
Is there a default code for these systems? If so can someone please post it for me.
Many thanks
Chris

the code maybe 7575 think thats the factory code on most renault stereos, or if you can try pull out the stereo it may be on it. hope that helps................john

madnoel10
1st July 2009, 02:20 PM
Hu Johncarter!!! If the bog standard code is what you say how do you change it afterwards:crazy:

CyberPet
7th July 2009, 05:35 PM
I'm going gray... well almost.

I have a 2005 Renault Laguna 1.8, 16V Tour Trend and had to change the battery on it not long ago. Well, I thought things worked out too good, and I was right. The darn radio doesn't work anymore!

As I live in Sweden, I'm sure our service handbooks looks different than the ones in the UK, and I cannot find any codes that would be 4 numbers that could be used as the code for the radio.

I called the dealer and he gave me a number... I tried entering that one, but got an Error in the display. I decided to search the Internet and realize now I'm pretty much up the creek.

If I *knew* that the code was missing or that I needed it (bought the car from the dealer who had it as a demo car since nov 04) I wouldn't have change the darn battery before checking that I did everything right. All other cars has been easy to change batteries in, but this "technical wonder and über security" is getting to be old.

I am not sure what to do anymore. The car dealer gave me a non working code and when I called the Renault assistant number the guy said "I don't know anything about the stereo, call your dealer!"

DOH!!

Any help would be appreciated - kind of pointless to have a brick for a stereo just because the car battery was a brick

Thanks in advance,

Petra from Sweden.

madnoel10
7th July 2009, 05:50 PM
Most modern cars have coded radios as standard when manufactured. A renault dealer should be able to provide the radio code (thats assuming it is still the original radio) albeit they may ask for ID and charge you a fee.

Are you sure you have entered the code correctly - if you have any doubts just ask and I can post up the sequence required to do the job:)

CyberPet
7th July 2009, 06:11 PM
Most modern cars have coded radios as standard when manufactured. A renault dealer should be able to provide the radio code (thats assuming it is still the original radio) albeit they may ask for ID and charge you a fee.

Are you sure you have entered the code correctly - if you have any doubts just ask and I can post up the sequence required to do the job:)

Thanks for replying so quickly! :)

Yes, it's the original radio/cd-player in the car. And I'll probably drive to the dealer tomorrow and look stern at them, to demand them to fix it (ok, I'm sweet as a puppy, but I can pretend I look mean).

I did this (and I hope it's right, if not, tell me where I went wrong).

When the Error stopped blinking (I've done this a few times now, so the waiting time takes forever - thinking of disconnecting the battery again, to start over - if it works), and the first zero starts blinking..... (excuse any non technical terms, as I don't know them in English).

1. use the > arrow on the lefthand control (which have < and > on the left and right and + and - top and bottom) to step forward to the right number. Hit the button that sits under the stick at the steering wheel (dunno that name) to set the number and jump to the next digit.

2. Do the same as in step 1 to set 2nd, 3rd and 4th number.

3. Hold that button that's on the stick at the steering wheel again for a while......

4. and it ends up beeping gleefully at me and ERROR starts blinking again.

grrr.

Anyway, to be honest, the code that the dealer gave me sounds too "generic" to be a specific number. I would assume a number like 7823 or something, but got 0960, which sounds too generic to be a special ID for that stereo, if you know what I mean.

I'll actually tell them (at the Renault dealer) that they need to fix this code for me for free, as they owned the car before me, and it has never been noted in my service book, or in the manual, and it feels silly to have to take the car "to service" for a car stereo's sake.

Uh... i miss my old Fiat 126, which I could lift out the engine myself.... (yes it was kind of small).

Pat.w
15th July 2009, 01:12 PM
Sorry but supplying radio codes is against forum rules

peperider
15th July 2009, 01:39 PM
what? i need it because i change my battery.

in what moldes should i put my problems?

tks again

Pat.w
15th July 2009, 02:05 PM
We appreciate your problem, but I'm afraid that we can't help with radio codes.

Our rules (http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/view.php?pg=rules) are quite clear

In addition, we do not allow the distribution of radio codes via the forum. We will also remove links to radio code sites where necessary. We are not confident that radio codes provided by anybody but a genuine Renault dealer are strictly legal, and are therefore not happy for this content to appear on the forum. It is, however, completely acceptable to ask for help in entering a genuine radio code. If you need a code, we would recommend that you contact your local dealer

Bubblegumcola
15th October 2009, 04:43 PM
After phoning my local Renault dealer asking about codes for my radio I was told it would cost me £15. When I went in the next day I got a different person, asked if I had bought the car there, said no, gave him my reg documents and he came back with the radio code scribbled on the back. Took him seconds to go and get the code from wherever they get it and he never charged me!I left sharpish and very happy!!!:d:d:d

So if you do need a radio code, you might be lucky and get it for free from the local dealership.

goldup
18th October 2009, 12:36 PM
Many thanks
Chris

Pease note:

goto renault with your logbook and other bits a pices and they will give you the code i done it last week and it cost me 18quid

nonstandard
21st October 2009, 11:53 PM
Our code is on a sticker just inside our service booklet.
However, as a backup I would sugest either scanning the sticker and saving it on your PC, saving the code as a contact on your mobile phone as we do or as a last resort pull the radio and write it on the casing with a marker pen, what self respecting Toe-rag is coing to pinch a radio with no display unless of course they drive a Scenic.:)

joebhoy1916
1st November 2009, 12:09 AM
Have a quick question if ye don't mind, sorry if it's in wrong place.

My G/F got a 02 scenic. The code was in the book I tried entering it twice it didn't work so I brought it to the local renault garage, asked him would he give me the radio code and he gave me the exact code I was entering but I can't get the radio to work.

Any advice?

Thanks..

Hopless
1st November 2009, 08:57 PM
Hi,
It is not illegal to read the code held in the eeprom in the stereo, its possible changing that code is illegal under all things the copyright law. No cases have ever been prosicuted, to my knowlage.

The code is derrived from a number like A123 at the end of a long number on the stereo or in a box marked security code. However its a very simple job to write a new code to the eeprom in the set. this may have happened to a set where the code is entered correctly but will not work. In this case a company that decodes sets in this last way will need yo be found, I would suggest you ask them to put the correct code in the set.

Sorry I can not give codes from numbers on the side of the set on this forum, although I dissagree I have agreed to the forum rules.

David _J_D
23rd July 2010, 04:12 PM
Just tried this on my 2000 Lag 1, you have to hold the button at the end for a looong time (5 sec+) Just when I was about to give up, the radio came on :)

lagunajohn
22nd August 2010, 01:05 PM
What is the process for a laguna II. i have the code and can enter the digits,just the last step to activate beats me.

hondo
22nd August 2010, 01:09 PM
Its been a long time for me now, but iirc you have to keep the set button depressed for 5 or 6 seconds :)

GM9617d
4th October 2010, 09:41 PM
Hi crtvak

Code Entry as Follows:
" CODE "

Hope this helps.

Thaks vey much for the intructions. My radio is working again. Great explanation.

thompsonk8
12th December 2010, 04:04 PM
Many thanks
Chris

Pease note:hi there the last time i had to get a radio code for my scenic i went to my local renault dealer gave him my registration and he gave me my code for nothing worth a try

Charenton
14th December 2010, 08:43 AM
hi there the last time i had to get a radio code for my scenic i went to my local renault dealer gave him my registration and he gave me my code for nothing worth a try

Good for Renault.

We've acquired a Honda Jazz from a relation, who has since died, which the wife will drive. There is no record of the radio code anywhere in the vehicles documents. We don't need the code at the present but if we need it in the future Honda have told me they can supply it for £20.00.

hondo
14th December 2010, 09:55 AM
Good for Renault.

We've acquired a Honda Jazz from a relation, who has since died, which the wife will drive. There is no record of the radio code anywhere in the vehicles documents. We don't need the code at the present but if we need it in the future Honda have told me they can supply it for £20.00.

Please note. The forum rules do not allow links to be posted to any sites that circumvents radio codes.

Thanks

delboy_42
17th December 2010, 09:23 PM
hi i just brought a scenic and the radio dont work and dont show code on the control panel have the code in service book so something must be wrong with the control panel lights please advise

Code Entry as Follows:
" CODE "

Hope this helps.

:) :)[/QUOTE]

Wavod
11th February 2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks for all the comments on here I have now found my code in the warranty manual. Must've skipped past this in the past,but knowing some of you guys found it there I had a proper look and bingo!
Am confident now that if the battery needs to be disconnected for any reason will have the radio back up and running in a few mins.:d

truditjh
19th April 2011, 08:38 PM
Hi, dont know if anyone can help with this one. Collected my Scenic from a non renault garage today (having been in for repair for blown turbo and intercooler !!! £1300 later !!) and the radio code was needing to be input. The display read code then 0000 so I used the wheel to go to the first digit then pushed the lower paddle to move to the next digit and it wont do anything still flashes on the first digit. Any ideas ??? Model is Scenic II registered 2004 dont know if this makes a difference but it has the Sat Nav built into the stereo.
Hope you can help as I am losing the will to live over the darn car... :crazy:

Regards
Trudi.

Charenton
20th April 2011, 07:40 AM
Hi, dont know if anyone can help with this one. Collected my Scenic from a non renault garage today (having been in for repair for blown turbo and intercooler !!! £1300 later !!) and the radio code was needing to be input. The display read code then 0000 so I used the wheel to go to the first digit then pushed the lower paddle to move to the next digit and it wont do anything still flashes on the first digit. Any ideas ??? Model is Scenic II registered 2004 dont know if this makes a difference but it has the Sat Nav built into the stereo.
Hope you can help as I am losing the will to live over the darn car... :crazy:

Regards
Trudi.

Hi Trudi

You say you pressed the lower paddle. If you mean you mean the lower paddle that turns the volume down that's wrong. You need to press the button under, and to the left of the volume down paddle. It's marked with two parallel lines, the top one with an arrow pointing down.

That's assuming your model uses the same system as the earlier Scenic model.

truditjh
20th April 2011, 09:14 AM
Hi Trudi

You say you pressed the lower paddle. If you mean you mean the lower paddle that turns the volume down that's wrong. You need to press the button under, and to the left of the volume down paddle. It's marked with two parallel lines, the top one with an arrow pointing down.

That's assuming your model uses the same system as the earlier Scenic model.

Charenton you are fantastic, I was depressing the volume button I assumed that was the one it was referring to.... Muppetry ... :o with mine its the wheel you slide down and then flick towards you to change the digit. Many thanks again you have saved me from looking an ejit at the garage.
Kind regards.
Muppet :d

boban1204
21st April 2011, 07:20 PM
Can anyone help me to connect original fabric radio with display in Renault Scenic II, 2003 model. It had a tuner list and I want to put update list.
In attach I'm sending pictures.

Thanks in advance ,

Best regards,
Boban

boban1204@<hidden>

costeau
22nd April 2011, 01:13 PM
Can anyone help me to connect original fabric radio with display in Renault Scenic II, 2003 model. It had a tuner list and I want to put update list.

The problem with using an Update List HU (head unit) in a car that's wired for Tuner List, is that the external display will not work,
and thus, you have no means of actually seeing your code as you're entering it, perhaps no means of even entering it.

This is because Tuner List and Update List use entirely different protocols for transmitting and receiving data through the
yellow connector that goes to the remote stalk and the display.

If you want AUX input, you're better off getting an aftermarket head unit.
The good ones have got better sound quality, and more interesting features.

obeltrano
22nd April 2011, 07:16 PM
Hi folks, I just had my battery replace, and battery replaced = code, code = ££££:cool:. Right, yesterday I didn't have the code and I took my old radio ( very smart) and installed into the car, but before than I did it the "CODE" was flashing and sometime showing "0000" and then I could enter any code (even if I didn't have the right one :crazy:). Today I got one code, I put back the original radio but the "CODE" doesn't flashes anymore :crazy:. What I've to do???:confused: Use the old one??? ahhhhhhhh:confused::crazy:

costeau
23rd April 2011, 04:58 PM
Right, yesterday I didn't have the code and I took my old radio ( very smart) and installed into the car,
but before than I did it the "CODE" was flashing and sometime showing "0000" and then I could enter any code (even if I didn't have the right one :crazy:).
Today I got one code, I put back the original radio but the "CODE" doesn't flashes anymore

Answering this one requires some more clarification:
1) Did the radio you're trying to activate come with your car?
2) If yes, did the external display work with it when you bought the car?

If you can answer yes to both these questions, it should only be a matter of unplugging the radio,
leave it disconnected for a few minutes, and reconnect it again.

Make sure at least these three connectors are securely fitted when doing so:
a) Power
b) Speakers
c) Remote stalk + display
(You can secure the antenna and any other connectors after you confirm the unit is working)

If you still have problems, answers to the following questions will be of help in assisting you further:
1) What model year is your Scenic?
2) What model name is your radio (e.g. Tuner List, Update List)?

obeltrano
23rd April 2011, 10:47 PM
Hi Costeau, thanks for your post.
I've a Laguna 02 Initiale 2.0 Petrol. The radio is the original that came with the car(I don't have the name right now). All the connectors was really secured, I'd checked 100x, the stalk was working because when I was pressing the buttons the bip was coming up. Yesterday also I noticed the Cruise Control wasn't working, today I drove around when I stopped the car, so annoyed without my music, I pressed the brake till the end twice and for my surprise the "CODE" turned to "0000", flashing and I could enter the code. Later one I drove off, the radio and the Cruise Control was working in perfect order. :confused: Let's see tomorrow. :d
I hope this can help somebody.
As I read in one of the posts "this is things of Renault"...
Thanks anyway

costeau
24th April 2011, 12:10 AM
I've a Laguna 02 Initiale 2.0 Petrol. The radio is the original that came with the car(I don't have the name right now).

Okay - It's most likely Tuner List, but it could also be that premium radio from Cabasse.

All the connectors was really secured, I'd checked 100x, the stalk was working because when I was pressing the buttons the bip was coming up.

Okay - Usually, the cable from the yellow plug (as seen from the radio) goes to the remote stalk, and then, another cable goes from there to the display.

I pressed the brake till the end twice and for my surprise the "CODE" turned to "0000", flashing and I could enter the code.
Later one I drove off, the radio and the Cruise Control was working in perfect order.

And everything just started being OK again when you slammed the brake pedal twice?
Let's hope it stays that way. :)

Just out of curiosity: Was the engine running when you did that?

obeltrano
24th April 2011, 11:00 AM
Yes, it was running. This morning was working properly. I'm thinking to take the car for someone pray on it.:d

LouLou74
23rd October 2011, 12:27 PM
Hi there!! I've got a 52 plate Megane Scenic, got the code but the display panel just says CODE and I can't input it!!

I've tried disconnecting the radio completely and the stalk works cos it beeps everytime I press on it but still no 0000! Can someone help??

Pat.w
23rd October 2011, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

Have you pressed the button in the end of the stalk?

hondo
23rd October 2011, 04:44 PM
Hi there!! I've got a 52 plate Megane Scenic, got the code but the display panel just says CODE and I can't input it!!

I've tried disconnecting the radio completely and the stalk works cos it beeps everytime I press on it but still no 0000! Can someone help??

If you've inputed the code incorrectly previously it doubles the amount of time before 0000 is displayed, so once you turn the radio on, don't turn it, or the ignition off before 0000 is displayed or the time doubles up again :)

Have a safe journey :d ;)

craig261091
31st October 2011, 09:32 PM
if you go to your local renault dealer and ask for a radio code it will cost £10
and just say your radio code is (2345) to input it all u do is press 1 twice for 2 then press 2 three times for 3, and then the third digit press 3 four times and for your last digit press 4 five times and then 6 to store the radio code

hope this helps marra

honeyb1974
14th November 2011, 08:44 PM
hi, does anyone know if the serial numbers and part numbers on a cd interchanger in a renault scenic 2002 are the same as the ones on the radio? we are having trouble getting the radio out to get the numbers and need the code to get the radio back on, thanks.

deano109109
20th November 2011, 04:51 PM
i had same prob today after battery was dissconnected thanks to this thread radio now working phew!!!id be lost without this forum thanks guys :d

TomScenic
13th January 2012, 02:30 PM
First post here so hello!

Recently got a 2003 Scenic Fidji. The battery had had it and wouldn't hold any charge so that's been replaced. Obviously the radio now needs its code entering. I've got the document that lists the code (maintenance record?) the registration also listed is correct. I've followed the code input procedure in the users guide (same as in this thread) but with no luck. I just get error. I've also tried entering the code via the buttons, again no luck.

I haven't yet removed the radio to see if a different code is written on it somewhere. Is it likely that the radio has been re-coded? Would a Renault dealer be able to obtain a code?

Any help would be much appreciated. If all else fails I have got a radio I could fit instead.

Pat.w
13th January 2012, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

which button are you holding to enter the code?

iirc my wifes modus was 6 and not the thumb wheel

TomScenic
13th January 2012, 03:30 PM
The method described in the manual says to hold the button at the bottom of the remote to the right of the steering wheel (NOT the volume down paddle). I've also tried entering the code via the 1-6 buttons where you hold down '6' at the end.
Neither of these methods have worked.

TomScenic
24th January 2012, 09:39 AM
Well, looks like the stereo has been replaced at some point. I sent the numbers on the side of the stereo to an ebay seller. The code came back as something completely different to what was recorded in the maintenance record book.
Only cost 99p and I got a reply within an hour (although seller states code will be provided within 12hrs).

jonrat
2nd February 2012, 02:23 PM
I am not getting code or 0000 when i switch the radio on. I have put the code in loads of times in the past but this time it just beeps and display shows the radio or cd as it should.

Is there a special way or button sequence I should be pressing when turning the radio on to get to the code.

I have seen 'press 5 and 2 together' and then switch on.

Last time i had a simular problem and the code just came up as I was driving a long!

There does seem to be a bit of an electrical fault with the car so it could just be broken.

AndyThomas12
14th January 2013, 11:02 AM
In addition, we do not allow the distribution of radio codes via the forum. We will also remove links to radio code sites where necessary. We are not confident that radio codes provided by anybody but a genuine Renault dealer are strictly legal, and are therefore not happy for this content to appear on the forum. It is, however, completely acceptable to ask for help in entering a genuine radio code. If you need a code, we would recommend that you contact your local dealer

Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules (the most relevant one copied above)...

Lesed
17th August 2013, 02:08 PM
I just brought (yesterday) a 2002 Scenic, thye radio wasnt working because of no code, i removed the radio and low and behold written on top of the unit was the number, so I followed the instructions provided earlier in the posting and da da one working radio! Moral of this story, have a look, you might get lucky i did

Bm2122
20th August 2013, 12:15 PM
Same happened to me I went to Renault Showroom and they gave to me..I live in Ireland

HarryOB1
26th August 2013, 11:41 PM
Hi there,

we just got a Scenic and the dash display shows 'ERROR' and they told us it was because the radio code is not entered and told us leave the car running for an hour it should prompt for the code to be entered.
I've done this and I never get prompted.
when I press the power button on the radio, 'ERROR' on the display clears but comes back a couple of minutes later.

I can't seem to find anything with this version of entering the code o my dilemma.....

Anyone out there come across this before or have any idea what way to proceed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Harry.

hondo
26th August 2013, 11:49 PM
Hi HarryOB1 :)

You must leave both the ignition & radio turned on for the "Error" message to change over to "CODE" If you turn either one off, it doubles up the time the Error message will be displayed on the screen.

Having done that make sure that you insert the correct code, otherwise it will double up the time error is displayed again.

HarryOB1
27th August 2013, 08:59 AM
Hi HarryOB1 :)

You must leave both the ignition & radio turned on for the "Error" message to change over to "CODE" If you turn either one off, it doubles up the time the Error message will be displayed on the screen.

Having done that make sure that you insert the correct code, otherwise it will double up the time error is displayed again.

Thanks Hondo,

I'll give that a go and see what happens....I don't suppose there is a standard amount of time to wait before 'CODE' comes up on the dash?

Cheers,
Harry.

hondo
27th August 2013, 11:30 AM
I don't suppose there is a standard amount of time to wait before 'CODE' comes up on the dash?

Cheers,
Harry.

Not that I'm aware of, I'm afraid, I've been lucky & after many many years of owning Renault's, I've only had to input the CODE (iirc) only once.

HarryOB1
27th August 2013, 11:38 AM
Hi Hondo,

45mins and then it changed. So not too bad altogether.

Thanks for your help, now I've to get an ariel and a connector to top up the ac. :)

So off to search ebay & breakers

Harry.

Hayleyfarr
28th December 2013, 10:22 AM
Your request is in breach of our Forum Rule's.

Try here.

http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/customerservice/radiocodes/

hondo
28th December 2013, 10:28 AM
Renault Radio codes can be obtained from the link below

http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/customerservice/radiocodes/

Jayjay1
19th January 2014, 03:22 PM
Hi everyone, I have a problem trying to get my radio to work, I took it in for a service, like a good girl, as the service light was flashing....when it came back (from my local garage, not a Renault one) not only was the service light flashing but the flipping radio wouldnt work! I dug out the code and followed the instructions but after inputting the final number and holding the 5 button down and getting the loud signal...it still doesnt work! Reading through this thread I guess it may be the wrong code:mad:

hondo
19th January 2014, 04:48 PM
Does this help?

1. Switch on the radio and then 0000 will appear in the display screen.

2. Adjust the flashing digit with the thumb wheel on the steering wheel radio control.

3. Press the lower key on the steering wheel radio control to confirm the digit and move to the next one.

4. When complete press the lower key on the steering wheel control until you hear a bleep which should validate the code.

So if your code is 1232:

1. Turn the thumb wheel until you see 1 then press lower key.

2. Turn the thumb wheel until you see 2 then press lower key.

3. Turn the thumb wheel until you see 3 then press lower key.

4. Turn the thumb wheel until you see 2 then press lower key

5. Then press and hold the lower key on the steering wheel stalk until you hear a bleep.

The code is now entered and saved.

skodaboy
7th February 2014, 09:02 PM
hi just a quick reply, my great other half down loaded a free app for her fone, then entered the last four digits of serial code(bar code) of radio, it must be pulled out to find this. then the app gave the correct security code, worked great thanks to my better half

CraigG
21st July 2014, 11:30 AM
Hi all

I have my radio code, but there is no display for the radio since it was at the garage last. They denied anything to do with touching the stereo.

So what do I do from here. Code in hand, but cannot power up the radio to enter it. I press the power button but nothing..

Help please