: Should Hanging Be Brought Back?

espaced?
9th March 2007, 02:36 PM
should hanging be bought back for serious crimes like murder, rape etc.

As long as its ' without a doubt'.

mine is a 'yes':)

Getafix
9th March 2007, 03:02 PM
I voted yes as it serves a double purpose...

It gets rid of them that did commit murder.
It serves as a deterrent for them that might.

For a judge to say that murders have a hard time in prison i think is stupid....tie a ball and chain around thier ankles and make them fix our roads...Then hang them.

Rant over.

Horatio
9th March 2007, 03:15 PM
Yes, but only on the basis that the conviction is "beyond doubt" as opposed to the "beyond reasonable doubt" that's used as a yardstick elsewhere. If a guy goes postal with a semi-automatic in a shopping mall, several of the surivivors can positively identify him, and he's caught by the police as he tries to leave, then he's guilty. String him up! Don't waste taxpayers' money on keeping him in a maximum secuity B&B for the rest of his life.

leroy
9th March 2007, 04:13 PM
Yes

chakota
9th March 2007, 04:17 PM
My priority would be to hang child murderers and rapists , but only if it can be proven without a doubt eg dna sampling .

for the other crimes of child molesting and raping a woman ...
CASTRATE THE B*****ds and leave them to rot in hell !!:devil: :devil: :devil:

Asterix
9th March 2007, 04:19 PM
I think yes

scatz
9th March 2007, 04:29 PM
I voted 'depends'. Meaning, as Horatio stated, it depends on whether or not the crime is prooven beyond reasonable doubt. If this is the case then yes, it should be brought back - but that aint ever gonna happen is it!

Also, I gotta agree with chakota, castration for those crimes is a fitting punishment, as long as it is those families that the crime were commited against that do the castration, and we aint talking about performing a safe, clean surgical proceedure here!!

OG
9th March 2007, 04:42 PM
I'd go along with the beyong doubt as per Horation but the odd mistake would be worth it in my book.

I'd extend it to include anybody who comits a crime whilst armed too though. In fact I'd extend it to include a number of other crimes actually - I won't list them thogh, you might think I'm a bit radical in my views on law and order :o

Actually, I wouldn't mess about with hanging either, it would just result in long delays and the silly system you have in the states where somebody ends up on death row for years.

My vote would be for humane lethal injection carried out in the dock as soon as the verdict is given.

"Take him down" would mean just that in my government!

Lagdti
9th March 2007, 07:18 PM
Yes,yes,yes!

As said before,if it is beyond doubt,then they should be killed.

I don't think it would act as much of a deterant,but it would rid society of this pond life and stop them ruining anyone elses life.I'm sick of people killing and raping after they have been released after serving sentences for the same crime previously.

Horatio
9th March 2007, 07:19 PM
I'd go along with the beyong doubt as per Horation but the odd mistake would be worth it in my book.
That's where we're never going to agree. Those odd mistakes are perfectly innocent human beings who may have just had the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. They could be you or me. The system is already unfair as it stands, with these people often losing years of their freedom inside prison. But at least there's always hope that the truth will come to light.

I'd only be happy to pass the death sentence if all of the following criteria could be met:
1) Multiple independent witnesses
2) DNA (tested at multiple independent laboratories) or fingerprint evidence, positively linking the individual to the murder weapon or the victims in a manner that can't be explained by other activities.
3) Failure of a lie detector test when questioned over the crime.

My vote would be for humane lethal injection carried out in the dock as soon as the verdict is given.

"Take him down" would mean just that in my government!I dunno. Firing squad would be more literal, and probably more interesting to watch :p

5th wheel
9th March 2007, 10:26 PM
as there is no deterrent in this land of so called justice society i would say YES.

hondo
9th March 2007, 11:31 PM
Yep! Provided it was without any doubt.

The problem is a good lawyer on a bigger fatter fee than Renault charge, would probably kick sh!tte out of this.

Although I missed it myself, although not by much, I'd bring back National Service too.

VelSatisfied
9th March 2007, 11:59 PM
I've voted (depends), as I believe the burden of proof for a conviction carrying this type of sentence would have to be far greater than the beyond reasonable doubt as it now stands.

However, I also believe that all prisoners should have to work for their keep, carrying out road maintenance (for example), which would mean that the taxpayers (who are after all, paying for their existence), would get some 'quo' for their 'quid'.

Seems a bit ridiculous that we pay money to keep them 'securely' locked up, sitting around learning more criminal techniques and getting drugs - crime does not pay?

Paul

espaced?
11th March 2007, 10:51 AM
I've voted (depends), as I believe the burden of proof for a conviction carrying this type of sentence would have to be far greater than the beyond reasonable doubt as it now stands.

However, I also believe that all prisoners should have to work for their keep, carrying out road maintenance (for example), which would mean that the taxpayers (who are after all, paying for their existence), would get some 'quo' for their 'quid'.

Seems a bit ridiculous that we pay money to keep them 'securely' locked up, sitting around learning more criminal techniques and getting drugs - crime does not pay?

Paul

exactly right. They should work on the roads at night under strict supervision.

iainp
11th March 2007, 01:43 PM

Although I missed it myself, although not by much, I'd bring back National Service too.

as a member of the armed forces i can safely say, we don't want a bunch of いい holes ruining a highly motivated, disciplined profession. Can we not leave all those that don't get the death sentance on an Island somewhere instead, i believe Taransay is available, i think we tried it as a nation before, Transportation to the colonies??:d

hondo
11th March 2007, 01:57 PM
as a member of the armed forces i can safely say, we don't want a bunch of いい holes ruining a highly motivated, disciplined profession. Can we not leave all those that don't get the death sentance on an Island somewhere instead, i believe Taransay is available, i think we tried it as a nation before, Transportation to the colonies??:d

OK I take your point about the bunch of いい holes. Taransay looks too nice.

Hows about Christmas Island, and turn the clocks back there to around 1958.

A former member
11th March 2007, 02:00 PM
It seems the quality of the offenders life is of more concern than that of the victims.

OG
11th March 2007, 09:09 PM

How do you fancy them for live target practice - as PM I'd agree to that, anything to help out of armed forces

moi
12th March 2007, 09:35 AM
It is wrong to take a life no matter what, as well as that it makes it too easy for the murderer, he/she did not care abouth their victim so why give them an easy death, I stick with my view that they should be used for experiments and drug testing instead of using innocent animals

Don Davies
12th March 2007, 09:37 PM
I don't belive hanging is the anwer, its too fast. Pierrepoint could hang a man in 8 seconds. I believe they should stop segregation in prison of rapists, assault on the elderly and kiddy fiddlers, and let the other cons have them. that way it will also open up the vacant cells so that the taxpayer won,t have to pay for new prisons, and the long term care of the scum.

espaced?
13th March 2007, 11:46 AM
It is wrong to take a life no matter what, as well as that it makes it too easy for the murderer, he/she did not care abouth their victim so why give them an easy death, I stick with my view that they should be used for experiments and drug testing instead of using innocent animals

good idea, but they should also work to pay their way.

OG
13th March 2007, 01:00 PM
Here's a classic example of why I believe in the death penalty!

They are having a memorial service in Manchester to mark the 25th anniversary of a young copper who was murdered trying to aprehend a suspect.

The basic version of what happened is that in the eraly hours of the morning a police officer saw somebody climb over a gate into a yard, he called for assistance and PC John Egerton arrived to help. He had a look around and disturbed a man siphoning petrol from a van. He tried to arrest him but was stabbed fatally four times.

PC John Egerton was 20 years old when he died. The scumbag who took a knife with his when he went to nick a few quids worth of petrol and then used it to kill somebody got out of prison in 2000 after serving 18 years................. what is that all about then?

That copper would have been a similar age to me, he probably would have had kids, his mum would possible have had grand kids. Why is the to$$er who killed this 20 year old now free to do all the things this young guy should have been doing?

It's just not right:steam:

A former member
13th March 2007, 01:07 PM
I am sure his rehabilitation has been carried out carefully.

He knows how to play pool, what his favourite tv soap is, and what computer game machine is the best.

I do agree with all your points raised.

VelSatisfied
13th March 2007, 02:22 PM
It's just not right:steam:

I agree, the only consolation from his incarceration, will be that I'm sure he understands the significance of the 14th of March - as the giver, rather than as the recipient...

Paul:)

Donald
6th June 2007, 10:58 PM
Yes i also agree to the death penelity for murder.....

gazauk
7th June 2007, 01:58 AM
yes only if hangman uses cheese wire

DemonXP
7th June 2007, 11:08 AM
I didn't vote, for obvious reasons, but my opinion is that the result of a killing being the ultimate crime that cannot be undone, cannot be remedied in any possible way by another killing.
And another thing: why "hanging" is the only option in the poll?

espaced?
5th July 2007, 01:50 PM
And another thing: why "hanging" is the only option in the poll?

Because its cheap, and not messy, quick, and a possibly an entertainment choice like reality tv., a revenue earner to pay for over crowded prisons.:)

smutty
5th July 2007, 06:49 PM
mines a yes too, all the forensic,dna, tech' that is available today would be ,in my veiw, more than able to remove doubt .

DanielX
5th July 2007, 07:07 PM
Because its cheap, and not messy, quick, and a possibly an entertainment choice like reality tv., a revenue earner to pay for over crowded prisons.:)

That's not true. Being buried alive is even cheaper, but that's not a reason to do it.
Entertainment & revenue? That's what I simply can't understand. Would you feel entertained looking at someone choke to death, have his spinal cord snapped and いいting his pants?
Hey, how about this revenue - have the guy with two guards and get him to work his ass off - that's revenue. Selling popcorn is just profiteering.
All in few words, in my opinion again death penalty belongs to another century.

Lagdti
5th July 2007, 07:24 PM
A perfect example of why it should be brought back was in the news recently.......A family member raped and strangled a 2 year old girl and was sent to prison for 'at least 35 years'.

If someone had done that to my son or daughter,I'd have quite happily watched this scum die slowly and painfully.If they wanted me to press the button or pull the trigger,I'd have jumped at the chance.

Just thinking about what he did makes me physically sick.

OG
5th July 2007, 07:30 PM
in my opinion again death penalty belongs to another century.

In many ways I agree...... but we can't keep locking murderers up only to let them out after 10 years or so. Locking up armed robbers only to let them out after 3 years to commit crime again.

What place is there in society for people who go out armed with Knives and guns to commit violent robbery? What place is there for Rapists....... and on it goes.

It's probably too late to save things anyway and of course this vote is academic because I don't believe it will ever be brought back. Actually that's not true, I think it will be brought back but not in our lifetime, we'll roll over and let all this **** happen, in the distant future there will probably be no choice.

OG
5th July 2007, 07:32 PM
A perfect example of why it should be brought back was in the news recently.......A family member raped and strangled a 2 year old girl and was sent to prison for 'at least 35 years'.

If someone had done that to my son or daughter,I'd have quite happily watched this scum die slowly and painfully.If they wanted me to press the button or pull the trigger,I'd have jumped at the chance.

Just thinking about what he did makes me physically sick.

And 'at least 35 years' only happens in high profile cases, they let them out early for fun these days.

The poor parents of this girl will live with knowing what happened to their child for ever, where's the justice?

smutty
5th July 2007, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE]A perfect example of why it should be brought back was in the news recently.......A family member raped and strangled a 2 year old girl and was sent to prison for 'at least 35 years'.

got it in one,
i've several grown up kids most of who have or are about tyo give me and the wife grand-kids, the youngest of which is 18mths old.

if some nonce was to do to any of them what that monster did to that little girl, plod would have to get to it before i did coz i would willingly do time for ridding the world of a beast like that. :steam:

Lagdti
5th July 2007, 07:39 PM
And 'at least 35 years' only happens in high profile cases, they let them out early for fun these days.

The poor parents of this girl will live with knowing what happened to their child for ever, where's the justice?

Exactly.If he was exterminated,at least they'd have a small consolation of the fact that he would never do this to anyone elses children.

I am not a religious person,but I hope to god I never have to go through what they have had to.To know that their innocent little girl died in such pain and trauma must make living life very difficult for them.

ottoman
5th July 2007, 07:55 PM
Part of me says no State Execution should never be brought back surely we have come further than that, I don't believe it is a deterrent just look at the country's that have it in place for what we would consider miner crimes.. They are not crime free by any means ?

But then I read and hear of the most atrocious crimes committed against children, elderly etc and I just want to see the perpetrators die, any parent/person reading of these crimes would want to exact a revenge on these people who walk our society committing crimes that are beyond our comprehension .

Sadly the horrific crimes mentioned in most of the post's will continue to happen wether we have the death penalty or not.

Ottoman

Lagdti
5th July 2007, 08:09 PM
Sadly the horrific crimes mentioned in most of the post's will continue to happen wether we have the death penalty or not.

I agree,but at least justice will be seen to be done,and the person will never do the same thing again.

OG
5th July 2007, 08:09 PM
I don't believe it is a deterrent

You're absolutely right Otto, it isn't really a deterant but neither is a prison sentence.

The benefit of the death penalty is for society not the criminal, although personal I'd rather have a lethal injection than 30 years inside.

The obvious benefits from societies point of view;

1. Cost. How much per year to keep a scumbag locked up?

2. They won't do it again - guaranteed!

3. Natural justice for victim/family

ottoman
5th July 2007, 08:18 PM
Just a viewpoint folks.

Not saying I am right or wrong.

No matter what the Forums debate concludes it will not make one iota of a difference.

I have heard this point raised many times over the years and we are still no further forward/backward depending on your viewpoint.

Ottoman

chris m
5th July 2007, 08:18 PM
I believed the death penalty was still in the UK statute books for Piracy and Treason.

Piracy can be yaken to include hi jacking / skyjacking and treason well home grown terrorists?

Yet if this is the case then we have powers that are not used and there has to be the question of why?

Asterix
5th July 2007, 08:29 PM
Not any more Chris, these were removed from the statute a few years ago

davesss
10th July 2007, 01:08 AM
Definitely for terrorists who attempt mass murder in this country.

espaced?
10th July 2007, 01:19 PM
what do you think will happen when they catch the people who have little Madeline?:mad:

OG
10th July 2007, 01:45 PM
Definitely for terrorists who attempt mass murder in this country.

Yeh but no but yeh but.......

I agree but there is a problem with this in that you then make them martars and afterall, these fundamenalists want death anyway.

No, I've decided....... hang 'em!

espaced?
10th July 2007, 01:57 PM
the terrorists should volunteer as crash test dummies :rofl:

Nick
10th July 2007, 06:21 PM
the terrorists should volunteer as crash test dummies :rofl:
People who conduct terrorism against innocent others and the state, should conduct....
.Electricity.....................

espaced?
11th July 2007, 12:34 PM
People who conduct terrorism against innocent others and the state, should conduct....
.Electricity.....................

shocking:rofl:

okbay.co.uk
11th August 2007, 12:25 PM
I have to say no, two wrongs don't make a right, who says who has the right to take lives, the solution is easy make prisoners earn their keep plenty of jobs could be done inside the prisons, this way keeping them locked up won't cost the tax payer. The worst the crime the more disgusting jobs they get allocated.

Dexter
12th August 2007, 03:35 PM
Why bother?

All you need is 3 coppers, two hold the victim down, the third empties a magazine into the back of their head.
Instant justice!

Couldn't possibly go wrong.

Horatio
16th August 2007, 04:01 PM
This is definitely an interesting debate, but purely an academic one. With the UK's present penchant for political correctness, there's no way we're ever going to see the death penalty come back.

Another part of Ron White's routine (I've quoted him before) was about the death penalty in America, and the fact that Texas were proposing immediate execution for people convicted of heinous crimes that had more than three independent witnesses. No hanging around on death row for years - straight to the chair. I just loved the way he put it: "Other states are debating whether to abolish the death penalty. In Texas, we're putting in an express lane!" :d

espaced?
17th August 2007, 10:20 AM
express lane, brilliant, only the Americans, could be a drive through?:rofl:

OG
20th August 2007, 06:27 PM
Here's yet another reason.......

Ananova - Headteacher's killer to stay in UK (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2472173.html?menu=)

The killer will be out of jail soon and, because it's against his human rights to send him back to his country of birth, us Tax payers will no doubt be paying for his lodgings, fags and lottery tickets for the foreseeable future.

I despair :rant:

Asterix
20th August 2007, 06:30 PM
I don't often get on my high horse to complain about things, but I am getting pretty near becoming an anarchist. Surely someone who does this kind of thing forfeits any human rights that they had, also read today about Abu Hamza the hook handed Egyptian who is in this country under false pretences.

OG
21st August 2007, 01:58 PM
I don't often get on my high horse to complain about things, but I am getting pretty near becoming an anarchist.

Me too mate - I think this is what's needed though. Us law abiding citizens need to rise against the utter madness that is inherent in society today.

Where's it going to end?

Scougar
29th August 2007, 01:07 PM
No.

Noone has the right kill another human being regardless of the circumstances. Just because someone says it's ok (the countries law), doesn't make it ok to hang/murder a criminal.

Criminals get it too easy in jail at the moment (human rights etc), with tv's, pool. I'm not saying it's nice, but it should be a place you fear to go. The money aspect (it costs so much to keep them locked up, is a real feable argument. Criminals are a product of any society, and could be saved by spending on better education and life lessons early on. Media influence and bad parenting/social circumstances can grately affect this.

Matthew

hondo
29th August 2007, 07:14 PM
No.

Noone has the right kill another human being regardless of the circumstances. Just because someone says it's ok (the countries law), doesn't make it ok to hang / murder a criminal.
Criminals get it too easy in jail at the moment (human rights etc), with tv's, pool. I'm not saying it's nice, but it should be a place you fear to go. The money aspect (it costs so much to keep them locked up, is a real feable argument. Criminals are a product of any society, and could be saved by spending on better education and life lessons early on. Media influence and bad parenting/social circumstances can grately affect this.

In my opinion the murderer should have the right to choose whether or not he or she may hang or not, just before they kill someone.

If the latter part of your quote was the case, then the costs for prisoners should be totally self funding, they should do constructive work while inside, and the money earned should be spent to pay there own stay while inside, and the additional costs.

Alternatively the costs should be met by selling all their possessions or maybe paid by their immediate family for the complete stay inside.
Why the :censored: should good upstanding citizens pay for the soft option, after all the choice is in the hands of the murderer.

Hang the buggers high, I say.

OG
29th August 2007, 09:08 PM
When I'm PM I'll have Hondo as my Home Secretary:d

hondo
29th August 2007, 09:42 PM
When I'm PM I'll have Hondo as my Home Secretary:d

LMFAO

Hurry up folks, while he's in a good mood vote for OG.

We'll halt, or decimate the population explosion, which should make house prices much more realistic. :d

Scougar
30th August 2007, 09:28 AM
I think Hondo is correct that they should be made to work... (constructing new roads etc... and they ever useful, rock breaking exercises :d).

They shouldn't forfeit the right to be treated like a human, but I don't think that the Human Rights Act is entirely applicable to Criminals. i.e. if forced to break rocks, they shouldn't be allowed to sue for repetitive strain or any medical defined illnes (such as trigger finger) as long as necessary precautions are taken. Criminals should also NOT personally profit from their work in prison. I do think however that they should be able to perform work of some description that allowed them to support a child/children he may have.

The idea from Hondo that criminals families should be made to pay for the idiots crimes is not justified. How would you like it if your brother/sister went to prison for a crime, and you have been hard working all your life. Why should you personally suffer for them just because your related. Doing this would only breed more crime as your forced into a position where your hard work means nothing, you can't pay the bills and you might lose your house, and start stealing (or whatever) to make up the difference.

Matthew

hondo
30th August 2007, 05:13 PM
The idea from Hondo that criminals families should be made to pay for the idiots crimes is not justified. How would you like it if your brother/sister went to prison for a crime, and you have been hard working all your life.
Matthew

Just maybe if the family had to pay, there would be a much stronger family bond, hopefully with this in place, again just hopefully the family would be much more caring in learning each other the difference between right and wrong.

smutty
30th August 2007, 06:55 PM
Just maybe if the family had to pay, there would be a much stronger family bond, hopefully with this in place, again just hopefully the family would be much more caring in learning each other the difference between right and wrong.

hondo, remember that old saying, " thou shalt not visit the sins of the father upon the son" now that may not be a word perfect qoute but you know what i mean,

whilst i may agree that hanging is merely a form of vengence and no real deterrent to killers and murderers.
it is a cheaper alternative to a life in incarseration at the tax payers expense and less chance of some wooly-brained do-gooder procuring early release dates for these vermin only for them to kill again when released. as we have seen far too many times over the years

i've never heard of a dead killer killing again, a bit flip may-be but true none the less.

hondo
30th August 2007, 08:13 PM
Never take your own revenge beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written.

"VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.
Maybe this is true, or maybe not.

In my opinion it costs society too much, and takes way too long.

moi
30th August 2007, 08:22 PM
What goes around comes around, still reckon use the real nasty rapists, murderers and peodophiles for experiments and drug testing instead of little fluffy bunnies etc

smutty
31st August 2007, 07:14 PM
What goes around comes around, still reckon use the real nasty rapists, murderers and peodophiles for experiments and drug testing instead of little fluffy bunnies etc

would'nt have a problem with that personally,

experiments on ickle bunnies is a waste of good meat;)

Lagdti
1st September 2007, 08:20 AM
:rofl:

I think the results of the poll so far speak for themselves.....:d

Tink
2nd September 2007, 09:33 PM
pitty we dont live in a 1 man/woman 1 vote society, on issues like this ,because i would guess this poll is prity much how eveyone would vote.
then we wouldnt have to pay to keep all these sicko's , and they would be no chance of reoffending
Ian.

Asterix
2nd September 2007, 09:40 PM
But we do live in a one man/women one vote society....we must all use the means that we have to elect the government that we believe will do the job. Democracy don't go there......unfortunately there is not the person/party that meets our beliefs totally and we have to go with second best

Lagdti
2nd September 2007, 11:51 PM
I think the thing is that bringing back the death penalty has only ever been voted on in parliament,not as part of a referendum..........I don't think that our views really count on the subject.:o.

If the politicians actually wanted our opinions they'd ask us for them,and then completely ignore them.....:rolleyes:

Tink
3rd September 2007, 10:58 AM
I think the thing is that bringing back the death penalty has only ever been voted on in parliament,not as part of a referendum..........I don't think that our views really count on the subject.:o.

If the politicians actually wanted our opinions they'd ask us for them,and then completely ignore them.....:rolleyes:

my point exactly.....over privaliged drunks in the house of lords with no concept of the real world , voting on what is good for everyone else,,, some democracy:crazy:
Ian

OG
3rd September 2007, 02:21 PM
Here's a bit more weight to the argument for........

The EU treaty due to be signed by Brown next week could mean that we would fall in with other EU countries who have a max 20 years for life. Our current option of keeping high profile people inside for life (even though not enough fall into this category) means that the likes of Brady and Huntley would be released at some point.

Now who's going to tell me that these sick scum bags have the right to draw breath, never mind enjoy some sort of freedom :steam:

hondo
3rd September 2007, 05:37 PM
There ain't no point beating around the bush so I'm going to be very succinct.

Hang the bugger's high.
Job done.
For me, nuff said.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/oldpost/Hang2.gif

hondo
3rd September 2007, 05:52 PM
Mrs. Gillan: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what the total cost of holding the detainees in HMP Belmarsh has been to date.
Mr. Charles Clarke [holding answer 17 March The cost of keeping a Category A" prisoner at a high security prison such as HMP Belmarsh is approximately 40,000 per annum. Taking account of time served on criminal charges, etc. we estimate that detention has cost approximately 1,300,000.

Source
House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 7 Apr 2005 (pt 75) (http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200405/cmhansrd/vo050407/text/50407w75.htm)

robster
4th November 2007, 01:50 AM
im with the majority i see

peanuts
4th November 2007, 09:04 AM
got to go against the majority here one name stefan kizco found innocent and released after many years in prison for a crime he did not comit !could we have brought him back no! would the case have been re investigated and some one else be on trial for the same murder right now if he had hanged no !also would pauline reads body ever have been found had brady & hindly hanged alowing some closure for her family i have met winnie johnson on saddleworth moor with her sons searching for her sons kieths body and have seen the pain she goes through every time she comes off that moor !.
got to ask the hang em high brigade could you be the one to do it could you throw the lever to make them drop ?

having said all that think life should mean that life lock em up n throw away the key !

hondo
4th November 2007, 09:42 AM
got to ask the hang em high brigade could you be the one to do it could you throw the lever to make them drop ?

Yes.
The police and the courts decide if the person is guilty or not.

vel satis 1
4th November 2007, 11:17 AM
Hi it worked well for saddam who killed alot of people good and bad but now it leaves chaos for all involved very sad indeed Gareth.

peanuts
4th November 2007, 04:22 PM
so hondo say you were the hangman for stefan kizco and you had happily thrown the lever ! .could you now live with your concience knowing that you had killed an innocent man who to qoute you the "police and courts had proven guilty" ?
he is not the first and will not be the last person locked up for life in this country to have been locked up for life after " being found guilty bye the british police and courts when they were wholy innocent .
but if your happy to kill innocents maybe you should go and join the american air force there good at that !

Asterix
4th November 2007, 04:26 PM
Yes.
The police and the courts decide if the person is guilty or not.

It is not the police or the courts who decide whether the person is guilty or not, it is 12 of your peers, and if you ever have been on a jury I think you would not decide anybodys fate lightly.

peanuts
4th November 2007, 04:40 PM
yes i have been on a dury and in the first case we found the defendant not guilty of drug dealing on the EVIDENCE provided bye the police and prosecution even tho we all new he was ascum bag drug dealer and more than likely had done it but the evidance brought to court did not prove that as stated stefan kisko was wrongly convicted bye a dury of his peers on the falsifyed evidnce provided bye the police .his case was subsequently re investigated his innocence proven and he was released from prison hhhmmmmmmm now how could you release a dead man ?

when you can answer that ill vote to bring back hanging !

wont hold my breath !

Asterix
4th November 2007, 04:46 PM
I think that the problem is with the evidence provided by the police, and yes, they can supply false evidence. When I was on a case we could see through the evidence that was produced by the police and found the person not guilty...however I still believe that most people can make up their own minds and come to a decision using their own thoughts on the evidence

snewby
4th November 2007, 08:13 PM
remember when we get it wrong
it is final
Jean Charles de Menezes shooting
do you want to sit and judge we got it right then 10 years later we find the witness and expert got it wrong
remeber sally clark
Child expert 'misled Sally Clark trial' - 1 in a ? % stat it was a childs parent who caused this - so Sally was locked up
Sally after being released killed herself.
well i suppose she would be dead either way fried ,hanged or lethal injection ? or she died after being found not guilty the effects the same other than some family knew she was not guilty - 5 mins news in evening for the uk ?
remember nobody cares other than the people who commit the offence or the family friends who know they are innocent
of course we fried them or strung them up
it is shame people get away with things - dont get me wrong someone raped my daughter i want revenge sometimes 20 mins alone with a family would be best i hear -even this goes wrong money and corruption go a far way -soceity wants to appear tough and that is fine but the innocent always suffer
being accused of rape or child offences - teachers means a career ruin and no smoke without fire. teachers would be at risk of the backlash as well
I am not a teacher by the way

peanuts
6th November 2007, 03:53 PM
notice a few reasoned arguments have quitend the hang em and flog em brigade as usual

Asterix
6th November 2007, 04:54 PM
notice a few reasoned arguments have quitend the hang em and flog em brigade as usual

I would still advocate hanging and if I were a member of the jury who found the person guilty, I would be happy knowing that I had made that decision with all the evidence presented and with a clear conscience and live my life without feeling guilty.

hondo
6th November 2007, 05:56 PM

OK peanuts I did intend to completely ignore your prior post, primarily because I felt it could cause a flame.

You pointedly asked me an entirely hypothetical question to which I can only give you a purely hypothetical answer.
You want to know if Id have been prepared to pull those levers, well working life is all about you making most all of your own choices regarding what you do, or what you dont want to do.

Had I have been born in the USA and decided to have become maybe a bomber pilot, coincidently I could have been named Paul Warfield Tibbets who died at the age of 92 apparently with no regrets at all, I guess because that was his job, had it have been my job I would have done the same thing too, had I have not, then someone else would have, thats the way working life is.

Likewise, had I have chosen to become an hangman I would undoubtedly have pulled those levers.
I hope that fully answers your hypothetical question, because I have nothing else to say, and have no intention of justifying to you or anyone else, why I still firmly believe in capital punishment.

BTW just in case you have any further lingering doubts, I still say hang em high.

OG
6th November 2007, 06:25 PM

LOL - where are the "reasoned arguments" all I've heard is about the mistakes, the miscarriages of justice. Absolutely terrible I agree and too be honest, one of my worst nightmares is being accused of something I haven't done but at the end of the day, as bad as it is, how many people are killed or have their lives ruined by nutters who are let out.

I was on a jury once, crap experience, the guy we put down after I was one of those initially undecided turned out to be out on licence and he;d done it again.

Hang 'em high..... would I do it? No.. but then again I love steak but couldn't kill the poor cow.

Sonia83
6th November 2007, 07:02 PM
I say YES for the worst crimes
:steam:

Lagdti
6th November 2007, 07:32 PM
@<hidden>~*& the reasoned arguements,end their lives so they can never cause anyone else any pain or suffering.

I would have no problems with pulling the lever or flicking the switch on someone who had ended someone elses life for personal gratification and poured misery on to the innocent persons family and friends.Human nature dictates mistakes will be made,you can't avoid it,but I think 99 times out of 100 that justice would be done and thats close enough for me.

ottoman
6th November 2007, 07:36 PM
The question originally asked should hanging be brought back.

I'm not sure.

As a deterrent to others.

As revenge

As a punishment for the worst offenders

As a cost saving to years of imprisonment at tax payers expense

smutty
6th November 2007, 07:47 PM

imagine for a moment ( god forbid this should ever come true), one of your children or a siblings child is forcibly abducted, tortured, abused in the vilest of manners and butcherd to death, and the scum that commited these terrible offences was caught and with the aid of modern science was proved beyond any resonable doubt to be guilty, woudn't you want him or her hung ? i know i would

me personally i would gladly pull the lever.

crimes such as rape , peadophilia & gun crime's that lead to the death of a victim , murder etc etc are all very good reasons in my book to reinstate the death penelty.

although i would temper this by adding that albert pierpoint,( for those who don't know, britains last official hangman), said in his biography that he didn't actually believe hanging ever stopped anyone from killing anyone else ( please note this is not a direct quote).

ottoman
6th November 2007, 07:54 PM
No hanging is not a deterrent as is proved by country's that still use the death penalty some for what we would call miner crimes.

Also those who commit premeditated murder do so in most cases do not expect to get caught.

Yes if someone committed the crimes that you have mentioned Smutty it is hard not to want them strung up as most relatives of the victim would.

hondo
6th November 2007, 07:55 PM
The question originally asked should hanging be brought back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/oldpost/agree.gif

ottoman
6th November 2007, 08:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/oldpost/agree.gif

It says bought in the thread title ;)

Asterix
6th November 2007, 08:08 PM
[

although i would temper this by adding that albert pierpoint,( for those who don't know, britains last official hangman), said in his biography that he didn't actually believe hanging ever stopped anyone from killing anyone else ( please note this is not a direct quote).[/quote]

Maybe not, but it stopped that person killing anyone else didnt it.

smutty
6th November 2007, 08:15 PM
[

although i would temper this by adding that albert pierpoint,( for those who don't know, britains last official hangman), said in his biography that he didn't actually believe hanging ever stopped anyone from killing anyone else ( please note this is not a direct quote).

Maybe not, but it stopped that person killing anyone else didnt it.[/QUOTE]

in my own sweet innocent little way thats what i was trying to get to, there are far too many case's where convicted killers have eventually been released back into society only to kill again, hanging 'em in the first place solves that problem, saves us the tax payer vast anmmounts of money, the victims families would feel justice was done, every-ones a winner except of course for the crim

peanuts
7th November 2007, 11:29 AM
@<hidden>~*& the reasoned arguements,end their lives so they can never cause anyone else any pain or suffering.

I would have no problems with pulling the lever or flicking the switch on someone who had ended someone elses life for personal gratification and poured misery on to the innocent persons family and friends.Human nature dictates mistakes will be made,you can't avoid it,but I think 99 times out of 100 that justice would be done and thats close enough for me.

and if the person wrongly hung was arelative or close friend who you knew to be innocent but had been found guilty bye ajury of there peers could you still throw the lever ?

peanuts
7th November 2007, 11:37 AM
I would still advocate hanging and if I were a member of the jury who found the person guilty, I would be happy knowing that I had made that decision with all the evidence presented and with a clear conscience and live my life without feeling guilty.

and if the evedance was subsequently found to have been falsifyed and you had sent an innocent person to there death how would you feel then ?
remmeber the bridgewater four the birmingham six etc were ALL guilty on the evidance provided ?

Asterix
7th November 2007, 01:47 PM
and if the evedance was subsequently found to have been falsifyed and you had sent an innocent person to there death how would you feel then ?
remmeber the bridgewater four the birmingham six etc were ALL guilty on the evidance provided ?
The same especially if the evidence had been spelt correctly

hondo
7th November 2007, 05:58 PM
I know this poll isn't scientific, but it undoubtedly is completely random, don't you think it answers the original posters question?

Because for me these responses say it all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/oldpost/Thissaysitall.jpg

Lagdti
7th November 2007, 07:44 PM
I see we have a few examples of mistakes made in the justice system.....keep them coming,I'm sure for every mistake made there are 10,000 right decisions decided.

Life isn't perfect,mistakes will be made.

I don't think hanging would be much of a deterent,but it would clear society of these dispicable people and would guarantee they wouldn't recommit at any stage.And if they advertise the job of ending the existance of evil people who carry out the worst crimes,I would apply!.

murchin
8th November 2007, 02:07 AM
Hello all,

Interesting read...

To all the nay sayers, who quote mistakes in the legal system:-

What if the crimal openly confesses all, and admits with great detail the crimes which they have commited. So there is no doubt about their guilt, what then?

"Hang them high", "Roll on two" and a "short sharp scratch" is a perfectly sensible solution to ridding society of a creature which has forgone his/her right to life.

And as far as prisoners earning their keep goes, the motivational techniques required to achieve this may result in several deaths, which then starts the debate again;) .

Regards

Murchin

espaced?
8th November 2007, 02:09 PM
And as far as prisoners earning their keep goes,
Regards

Murchin

prisoners should be made to work for nothing on community renovations etc,

oh , they all ready do that 'its community service';)
but they should be imprisoned after there shift and swopped for another gang.

overcrowding would be a little better, and communities would be better, jobs get done quicker, taxpayers save money by not paying the prisoners.:)

Asterix
8th November 2007, 02:15 PM
Hot bunking, what a brill idea...Oh I forgot about the do gooder brigade.

murchin
8th November 2007, 06:06 PM
I agree about working for nothing, but thet WONT. They will point blank refuse, what happens then, longer sentence? or a good motivational beating?

The thing is, the dogooder brigade have made it too hard to punish anyone, taking anything away infringes on their civil rights, unfortunately we are now in a position where this situation can never be reversed.

regards all

Murchin

Tiggerz_SRi
14th December 2007, 11:09 AM
I'd say no, No legal system works well enough to have the definative "yes they did it"

hondo
27th March 2008, 11:34 PM
It's been a long time since any posts appeared in here. How would you feel about hanging if this was inflicted on your children?

Hanging would be a way far too lenient a sentence for me, if these guys were part of my family.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/lancashire/7316601.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/lancashire/7316601.stm)

Bob925
27th March 2008, 11:38 PM
I vote yes.

I can think of plenty of people who would deserve it quite frankly. My brother for example, just 'cos he's a little sh1t!

alanjwong
28th March 2008, 06:26 AM
Depends 4me.

hondo
28th March 2008, 07:35 AM
Depends 4me.

Yes, it does for me too, If you commit murder you hang.

Azurael
28th March 2008, 01:23 PM
I actually think that murders ought not to be hung, but not for any namby-pamby rehab-obsessed humanitarian concern; quite the opposite in fact.

If you lock people up in solitary confinement for their whole lives, they'll suffer, I have a feeling death is the easy way out really - they never get the chance to reflect on what they've done.

Plus, it means that if a conviction is proven wrong at a later date, you don't have to find a way to reincarnate people :d

But I suppose it would be impractical to have a life sentence that really meant that. We're short enough on cell space in this country that locking people up for potentially 80 or 90 years probably isn't feasible.

daft_plonk
28th March 2008, 02:00 PM
why dont they use old mines?

theres some old anthracite mines or something that are on the news every now and then that are considered for low level radiation waste, and the locals are all up in arms about that. the mines look very stable though, so why can they have a load of cells put in?

it would be a very secure prison with only the one or two exits that require lifts. and it wouldnt use any land on the surface as it would all be underground

mrtotty
28th March 2008, 09:54 PM
No. Hanging should not be reintroduced.

delta1066
28th March 2008, 11:14 PM
How do you determine 'without a doubt' ?

There have been many miscarriages of justice over the years with people wrongly convicted and later released.

For paedophiles that are caught - EG pics/vids on their computers, YES I do agree that they should be removed from society and we shouldn't be paying to keep them in prison. The same goes for rapists as long as DNA can prove the crime and the victim can positively identify the person.

At the end of the day though, this idea does open dangerous possibilities which I don't think we as a society should be exploring as mistakes can and will happen.

I'm all in favour of getting these sc*m out of our society, but can't we just stick them in a underground bunker or something?

hondo
29th March 2008, 12:17 AM
Seems to me like he admitted this crime.

Had he, or had not, and God forbid, how would you feel if this young girl was your loving daughter?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/lancashire/7316601.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/lancashire/7316601.stm)

delta1066
29th March 2008, 08:10 AM
If it was my daughter sure I'd want justice but I'm not so sure about death.

Supposing there was undisputable evidence and yet he claims his innocence?

Last time hanging was legal in this country, people were wrongly hung and found to be innocent decades later. This country murdered innocent people.

It's all too easy to say "Yeah let em swing" but what happens when a mistake is made and its a case which personally affects you? - Would you be happy to find that someone you thought was guilty swung only to find out it was someone else years later? - What then? - 2 hangings for the price of one? - Where does it stop?

Dangerous possibilities for our civilisation...

hondo
29th March 2008, 09:07 AM
If it was my daughter sure I'd want justice but I'm not so sure about death

If it was my daughter, take it from me, Id want at first much worse than the death penalty.

Supposing there was undisputable evidence and yet he claims his innocence?

If the evidence is indisputable :confused: I dont understand the logic of your proposal, the convicted in my opinion should then definitely hang

Last time hanging was legal in this country, people were wrongly hung and found to be innocent decades later. This country murdered innocent people.

The last time hanging was used in this country, forensic science was in its infancy. Look I dont wish to sound disrespectful in any way at all, but why do you think it is now that people are being caught out for murders that occurred 10-20 or even more years ago?

It's all too easy to say "Yeah let em swing" but what happens when a mistake is made and its a case which personally affects you? - Would you be happy to find that someone you thought was guilty swung only to find out it was someone else years later? - What then? - 2 hangings for the price of one? - Where does it stop?

Firstly and obviously I would sincerely hope this could never happen.
I do tend to base life on what I, my family, and friends have experienced. I've been around now for a good many years, there isn't anyone, that I know, thats been accused of murder, although I honestly don't know if thats because they've been lucky, or have never murdered.

Dangerous possibilities for our civilisation...
Maybe so, but who for, the murderers, or the victims.

I'm sorry delta1066, sounds to me like on this subject, our opinions will never be remotely the same.

Azurael
29th March 2008, 12:15 PM
If the evidence is indisputable :confused: I dont understand the logic of your proposal, the convicted in my opinion should then definitely hang

There is no such thing as indisputable evidence. Even a confession could be a cover-up.

The last time hanging was used in this country, forensic science was in its infancy. Look I dont wish to sound disrespectful in any way at all, but why do you think it is now that people are being caught out for murders that occurred 10-20 or even more years ago?.

Forensic evidence is far from perfect, and while perhaps 'the institution' doesn't want to heighten the public's awareness of that fact, remember that spate of child abuse cases that were in the press a few years ago, where the parents were banged up on a 'certain' conviction based on forensic evidence and the advice of a doctor that the injuries to the children couldn't have been caused any other way. After a few years passed, a lot of problems were discovered in the techniques used to come to that conviction and they later decided that the deaths were accidental...

delta1066
29th March 2008, 07:33 PM
Forensic evidence is far from perfect, and while perhaps 'the institution' doesn't want to heighten the public's awareness of that fact, remember that spate of child abuse cases that were in the press a few years ago, where the parents were banged up on a 'certain' conviction based on forensic evidence and the advice of a doctor that the injuries to the children couldn't have been caused any other way. After a few years passed, a lot of problems were discovered in the techniques used to come to that conviction and they later decided that the deaths were accidental...

Perfect example Az. Never a wiser word spoken.

As I've said before, introducing the death sentence again in this country does introduce dangerous possibilities for our civilisation.

Not just for us, but the accused, the victims of wrongful justice etc.

You know guys, just because some people are accused and the case against them looks bad, doesn't actually mean they are guilty - Just as Az has pointed out.

Sure some are as guilty as hell, but as Az pointed out, they all are until new evidence comes to light to prove otherwise.

What are you going to do with those wrongfully hung who are later found innocent? - Bring them back from the dead?

Once someone is wrongfully accused and prosecuted, the witch hunt still continues against them.

Taters
29th March 2008, 10:10 PM
The evidence of Doctors etc is professional opinion evidence rather than forensic evidence.

If you relied on DNA, fingerprints etc that would be much stronger evidence.

There has been a lot of comments regarding 'innocent people' being hanged and mis carriages of justice. Just a point to ponder, were they actually guilty and got off on a technicality? Or innocent

Lastly I feel we have missed the main point! We as a society are reaping our rewards!

What sort of society that allows people to rob old folks giving them a hiding if the hold on to their money, a society that tricks their way into old folks homes to steal, the pervs that prey on young and old for the own kicks, the druggy that will do anything for a fix, etc etc etc.

Whilst i know there are reasons but how many people must witness these things and never say anything?

Whilst murder is the most severe crime these lesser ones happen in their thousands daily.

It's about time we started getting off our arses as a nation, kick the MP's いい and start making Britain Great again!

moi
29th March 2008, 10:14 PM
Well for anyone who watched 'Braveheart' again last night, maybe the thought of being 'Hung drawn and quartered' might be a deterrent, rapists and child sex abuses (sorry cant spell the right name for them:o ) could have their bits cut off whilst alive with a blunt knife.After all being humane does not work, maybe time to have the punishment as barbaric as the crime

delta1066
29th March 2008, 11:10 PM
start making Britain Great again!

Under this government Britain will never be great again.

Barbaric sentences solve nothing. Just like war. All it does is to create resentment.

Even up until recently people have been demanding the government pardon the WW1 deserters - many of whom were shot for cowardness. Were these people guilty of a terrible sin?

You bring back the death sentence and (once again as I keep saying because none of you can hold an open mind) you open dangerous avenues in our society.

What happens if someone plants evidence at a murder scene to frame someone? - Let the victim swing? - Because the evidence says so?

I don't beleive I'm taking part in this thread still.

You are all on a witch hunt against anyone the media says is guilty regardless of what you personally know of the case, its circumstances or the crime itself.

Evidence can be tampered with. Mistakes do happen. People DO get punished wrongly... and you are all just happy to get in on the witch hunt (with the exception of a few like Az).

Witch hunts should be a crime in themselves. Perhaps that would irradicate all the aggression that people have inside themselves.

Taters
30th March 2008, 03:44 PM
I do hold an open mind am happy to debate, I am also happy to accept that others will not have the same views as myself. I am also happy not to force my view onto others just because I don't agree with their view.

Without sounding rude I do believe that you are slightly paranoid over thousands of people being innocently hung, or convicted now.

Most offenders who are convicted now adays are done so with a large amount of evidence against them. Yes I agree in previous years this might not have been the case but I feel that each case would have to be taken on it's merit. As stated previously most that are freed have been done so not becuase they didn't do the crime but evidence was messed up in some way.

How many people can you name that have been released and been told 100% that they are completely innocent? I can't think of 1 but I guess there must be a handful around over the decades.

I feel that in all but a few cases most would be fairly obvious of guilt. Any that had a slight element of doubt then the death penalty wouldn't be administired.

What has to happen in this country, and fast, is a prison service & justice system that is a detterant to villians and are supportive of victims.

We should take a review of all prisons reduce, the comforts back to a level where they are humane but tough. Let's start working these prisoners in gangs like they did in Dartmoor all those years ago, make them earn their keep. We need swift justice where people can be taken out of society as soon as there offending starts.

We also need all these do gooders that bleet on about prisoners human rights etc to shove it and go somewhere else! What about the rights of the victim?

Once we have sorted out the prison system then lets start having an effective re-habilitaion system for those that do want to reform themselves. Give them once chance and one chance only.

For those that are still ceptical about death sentances and harsh punishment and that the don't work then take a look at the likes of Singapore. In the 70's you couldn't walk down the street for being in fear of being robbed. Law was passed allowing hands to be cut off, one for first offence etc.

Now Singapore is one of the safest coutries in the world with no hand cutting whatsoever. It speaks for itself.

Call me barbaric but if a human being treats others in such a dispicable manner, murder, rape, sexual assault etc then I am afraid that they deserve no human rights whatsoever they chose to do the crime! And the punishment should be harsh and severve.

Let's stop giving these people excuses for what they do, after all they don't care about others.

delta1066
30th March 2008, 06:27 PM
I'm not saying there should not be a harsh punishment but I think the death sentence is far too dangerous.

Evidence can be falsified. Remember there are also dodgy cops out there.

I'm not saying be lenient on crooks, sure they deserve a harsh punishment but death is VERY final. If the justice system does get it wrong it cannot be reversed.

At least those wrongly imprisoned can be compensated. Though they won't feel much better for it.

delta1066
30th March 2008, 10:51 PM
Any that had a slight element of doubt then the death penalty wouldn't be administired.

That would apply to nearly every murder, child abuse or other sick crime then. The accused never admit to their crime but always deny it even with over whelming evidence.

With denial comes that slight element you speak of. So, back to square one then eh?

Don't get me wrong, I ain't sticking up for the sickos of the world but I'm just saying unless you get a confession and a guilty plea there ain't much hope really is there.

hondo
31st March 2008, 12:03 AM
That would apply to nearly every murder, child abuse or other sick crime then. The accused never admit to their crime but always deny it even with over whelming evidence.

With denial comes that slight element you speak of. So, back to square one then eh?

That's rubbish, there's the truth, the half truth, and nothing like the truth and IMHO the latter usually applies.

Who in their right mind would ever admit to the complete TRUTH, if they thought for one moment they could get away with their wrong doings???
My work brings me somewhat remotely into contact occasionally with Young people who commit violent crime, I was talking to one a few weeks ago who had knocked 7 bells of $hitte out of an helpless pensioner, yes he had done time and was still tagged there seemed absolutely no remorse whatsoever, I asked him "What was it like while you were inside"? His reply amazed me. "It was a doddle" The criminal justice system should be a lot tougher on people who commit crime, and those found guilty of murder should imho swing.
Furthermore I doubt the people who feel hanging should re-instated will ever change your mind, and take it from me, you will never change mine. With that fully in mind thats the last you will be hearing from me on this subject, its becoming more like a game, before I close theres one last thing I feel I must say. Take a look at the results of the poll, I am aware it not a national affair, but it is random enough for me to conclude the outcome is that hanging should be reinstated.

Nick
31st March 2008, 12:21 AM
Hot bunking, what a brill idea...Oh I forgot about the do gooder brigade.

I'd hang the do gooder brigade first, before they f*ck up things in the future..:steam: :devil:

delta1066
31st March 2008, 09:14 AM
You know, I have also thought in the past that hanging should be brought back - I know that will suprise some of you..

I changed my mind when I noticed a few people being released - Like the parents of toddlers supposedly shaken to death only to be proven it never happened years later.

As I've said, its all too easy to beleive what the press say at the time when we all want to blame someone. Point is, sometimes the press do tell the wrong story along with Dr's, forensics and witness's. Sometimes things do go wrong.

I know there are some people who commit crimes without a doubt and sure those are the ones who would probably be at the front of the termination queue BUT I've also heard of people admitting to crimes they never committed simply just to get a lighter punishment.

In this day and age it isn't always as straight forward as we'd like to think.

Don't get me wrong, I do think those that have committed a serious crime should be severely punished. I'm just not entirely sure that the death sentence is a good idea. Plus why should they get off so lightly - 2-3 mins and then thats it - escape. They should be forced to live out their lives in misery in my opinion.

hondo
24th September 2008, 12:29 AM
OMFG not you again, what ever selwonk did to you wasn't enough.

Selly can you do it twice?

Tiggerz_SRi
24th September 2008, 12:30 AM
check the date of the post dude ;)

COUGH COUGH dust and cob webs in here!!!

Pat.w
24th September 2008, 12:40 AM

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/c050.gifhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/c030.gif

ottoman
24th September 2008, 07:02 AM

check the date of the post dude ;)

COUGH COUGH dust and cob webs in here!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :p :)

hondo
24th September 2008, 08:21 AM
He'll be back, it turns out the premonition had the wrong date on it. :rofl:

Ralph
24th September 2008, 08:38 AM
I voted "Depends" as long as the conviction was absolutely without doubt bring it back.

I used to have 2 horses and Pierpoint's assistant used to come up to the farm, talked to him a few times, didn't know who he was till the farmer told me.

d'espace between my ears
6th January 2011, 01:45 AM
I can't really decide in respect of the offences listed, but add "for those reposnsible for building the Espace IV" and it'll be a yes from me without a doubt

hilly5384
6th January 2011, 07:21 PM
theres still a working gallo at portsmouth naval base, up until 6 months ago naval law were issued as punishments as

10's - loss of shore leave in next or current port with reporting upto 6 times a day

9's - reporting as above with hard graft and work not linked to current job

8's - held under punishment (prision)

7,6,5,4,3,2 are not used now but were floging, rashion loss ect

and

1's - hung by the neck until dead from the formast.

but it again hasnt been used for years

hilly5384
6th January 2011, 07:25 PM
picture for current setup

mord
10th April 2012, 08:05 PM
I can't really decide in respect of the offences listed, but add "for those reposnsible for building the Espace IV" and it'll be a yes from me without a doubt

im sure Matra did a good job on it originally, but renault #d it and them up, no doubt about it.:eek:

oh and that hanging thing should be reserved for Politicians and Banksters along with anyone else who pilfers and ****es away any money over a million pounds to the detriment of the public at large.

coup
10th April 2012, 10:09 PM
No hung drawn and quartered? too labour intensive probly , overtime, repetitive injury strains, cruelty to the animals all that pc stuff.
Impaling?.just need the 1 pointy stake pp.

Ben Detoy
13th April 2012, 08:34 AM
Jokes aside about bankers, I cant support hanging because the legal system isnt safe. There are still way too many "unsafe" convictions.

If we could fix the broken (oops) not very good police & legal system I'd change my mind.

spinksy
15th April 2012, 08:57 AM
Jokes aside about bankers, I cant support hanging because the legal system isnt safe. There are still way too many "unsafe" convictions.

If we could fix the broken (oops) not very good police & legal system I'd change my mind.

haha i see what you mean here man but that will never get fixed :/ ...

No hung drawn and quartered? too labour intensive probly , overtime, repetitive injury strains, cruelty to the animals all that pc stuff.
Impaling?.just need the 1 pointy stake pp.

if we're saving money (which the country is supposed to be doing) the stick can be re-used ;) and on top of that they will save money on jails and food so win-win

Ben Detoy
16th April 2012, 07:13 PM
Its our rubbish justice system that makes me anti capital punishment. When "new" evidence turns up, it's a bit difficult to pardon someone who got a broken neck.

To see how well it all works just pop over the pond and see how they do it.

monkydoo
28th July 2012, 09:18 AM
Yes defiantly.

Mclarenfan
25th November 2012, 08:20 PM
yes

2002 Laguna 32v
29th December 2012, 11:29 AM
Hanging should not be brought back for rape or murder because the law has proven it'self fallible time and time again and you cannot 'undead' people once you've hanged them.

However hanging should be brought back for career criminals i.e. people who have received more than 100 criminal convictions. If you commit more than 100 criminal acts against society than you forfeit any rights to be a part of that society... permanently.

hondo
29th May 2013, 12:48 AM
Struth here's a Golden Oldie & my views haven't changed one jot.

Yes, hanging should be re-instated.

bugsb
29th May 2013, 10:14 AM
still the same for me a big
yes
Ron

VelSatisfied
29th May 2013, 12:32 PM
It'll never happen.

Simply because the Health & Safety brigade would throw a fit.

Someone could be hurt, or even worse...

bugsb
29th May 2013, 12:36 PM
It'll never happen.

Simply because the Health & Safety brigade would throw a fit.

Someone could be hurt, or even worse...
they should be the first to go :d
Ron

karenlouise1967
29th May 2013, 12:45 PM
Naw, it would have to be the CIEH (chartered institute of environmental health)...bane of my life

Karen xx

bigiainw
29th May 2013, 12:56 PM
My tupensworth is that the death penalty is to severe and too lenient at the same time. For those that have caused great suffering, why should they get out of it so quickly and cleanly. On the other hand, once you're ded you're dead and with the continued round of sentenses being quashed for misscarriages of justice, the risks are just too great.

I like the arizona model- i can't remember the sherrif's name, but their county jail is run on a shoestring, constructed of tents with no aircon, on the margins of the desert, the inmates can wear any colour as long as it's pink, are fed on a maximum of $2 a day, can read anything they like as long as it's the bible and watch any cable TV they like, so long as it's religious or the disney channel (they used to have no TV at all, but when they discovered that contravened the law, it changed to the present arrangement). Body building etc is banned as it may assist the inmates in commiting further crimes on release. They have pretty much the lowest reoffending rate in the USA.

If it were me, I'd consider that to be an ample deterent!

hondo
29th May 2013, 01:01 PM
fed on a maximum of $2 a day,

:think: Sounds a bit pricey to me

bugsb
29th May 2013, 01:28 PM
bring back hanging then you will have more room for the ones that cant get in :devil:
but dont stop there i cant remember the name of the series later made into a film where it was the end of the world or so they thought so the accountants /lawyers/government all left the planet there is a good place to start :d
Ron

Colin :)
29th May 2013, 07:34 PM
if you molest, or kill children, the families should have the right to kill you in anyway they wish

hopefully it would be as slow and painful as possible

karenlouise1967
29th May 2013, 07:37 PM
People who hurt animals are on my list...at least like for like anyway xx

hondo
29th May 2013, 08:28 PM
People who hurt animals are on my list...at least like for like anyway xx

:eek: Only veggies would be safe. :eek:

bugsb
29th May 2013, 08:34 PM
save the cabbage :d
long live the spud
Ron

coup
29th May 2013, 08:52 PM
Might as well ask ,should hanging drawing and quartering be brought back.
If your gonna do it might as well do it properly.

A guy "Oliver Plunkett" suffered this form of execution in the late 1600's for "promoting a type of faith".
He didnt actually do anything.
Recent incidents in the UK,some people actually did do things.
If they were hung drawn and quartered publicly the "martyr for the faith" interest might drop dramatically.

bigiainw
30th May 2013, 09:32 AM
I've changed my mind. Bankers should be hanged. Oh, and porn stars should be well hung....

bugsb
30th May 2013, 09:46 AM
I've changed my mind. Bankers should be hanged. Oh, and porn stars should be well hung....
forgot about bankers hanging is to good for them
hang them alive untill dead along London bridge to warn others bankers what we think of them
Ron

madnoel10
30th May 2013, 04:21 PM
forgot about bankers hanging is to good for them
hang them alive untill dead along London bridge to warn others bankers what we think of them
Ron

That has already been tried - didn't deter the others one bit.

Banker Roberto Calvi was found hanging at Blackfriars bridge in 1982.

necrophobic
31st May 2013, 10:27 PM
I say use em as human guinea pigs, infect em and use em to find cures.

996jimbo
3rd June 2013, 02:47 PM
I say "No".

Killing people is barbaric. The state taking a calculated decision to kill someone in revenge for a crime is no better than criminals doing the same. It's no deterrant, people who want it just want to feel better about awful crimes that are committed. It's a mistake to think that it has any positive effect except for those that want retribution.

The death penalty has no place in a modern civilised society. It achieves nothing and costs us our civility.

IT66
3rd June 2013, 11:43 PM
Well hanging should never have been stopped as far as i'm concerned as i can't imagine a better way of putting criminals off killing people and it's got to save the tax payer thousands of pounds per year and help keep the prisons from getting over crowded ..

IT66
3rd June 2013, 11:52 PM

I'd bring back National Service too.

I have to agree about the national service as i believe it's what the country needs and i wish i'd had the chance of it :d ..

Watchdog
12th June 2013, 09:59 AM
should hanging be bought back for serious crimes like murder, rape etc.

As long as its ' without a doubt'.

mine is a 'yes':)

I agree with a similar caveat.

However, high explosives are much more entertaining:devil:!!!!

No, wait, was this a serious question?:confused:

Mark
PS Just saw the above mention of National Service. As a former regular soldier I would say that it could not be miltitary, this is the last thing a professional force needs or for that matter would be at all happy with. Why should they have to deal with these w**kers?
National Service yes, but on a level of ditch digging and road building etc. Useful and productive but not likely to get a decent blokes **** shot off!!

IT66
13th June 2013, 12:47 AM
Watchdog ,Why should they have to deal with these w**kers?

I see where your coming from mate but i think you'll find
hondo was actually referring to bringing it back for all those that reach a certain age after they've left school like they use to do and hopefully the discipline will make decent men and women out of those who would of strayed to the wrong side of the law ..