: Espace - Lefthand side water leak

domavery
22nd May 2007, 09:06 AM
Hi, I have an 2002 Espace III 2.0 I have a serious issue with a water leak, only when it pours down, and it affects the the entire leftside of the vehicle only , running from the front footwell right to the back of the car to the boot, Very strange, the carpet is wet just on the left side, The bulkhead is ok, I have no sunroof, but I have roof bars but I have ruled these out and made sure the screws have been sealed with silicone gel. I would say that the water is probably traveling from the rear to the front, but this is just a guess, as my driveway slightly runs away from back to front, just a slight slope maybe a couple of inches, Any help would be cool, Many Thanks.

chris m
22nd May 2007, 09:19 AM
welcome to the forum. Have you checked its not coming in through a door seal?

domavery
22nd May 2007, 09:47 AM
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the welcome, :)

I can't see any sign of water comming through the door seal, I may have to wait untill we have some good dry weather, remove the entire carpet and get the hose out :mad: there must be a common problem...

madnoel10
22nd May 2007, 07:28 PM
Have you checked the drainage outlets on the front air inlet.:)

domavery
22nd May 2007, 10:15 PM
Have you checked the drainage outlets on the front air inlet.:)

Hi, Could you be more specific?, do you mean the grills just under the wing mirror? Many Thanks

moi
23rd May 2007, 06:53 AM
My Laguna has this problem and it is the door seals, only happens when it is pouring down, keep meaning to get some new ones but have been unable to find any online so far, can be really bad when very heavy rain and like you is only the left side.

madnoel10
23rd May 2007, 01:20 PM
Not sure exactly where they are on your car but the heater system needs an air inlet and on most cars it is located around the bottom of the front screen or at the rear of the engine compartment - leaves and other debris can get in there and cause the drains to become blocked.:)

jones99
24th February 2008, 12:10 AM
Some cars had a problem with a poorly sealed spotwelded joint in the metal panels that are exposed when you remove the wingmirror panel. Water then runs down behind the interior trim and fills the footwells (can reck your radio if it's under the seat on that side of the car) remove the wingmirror panel and seal with proper seam sealer (or bog standard silicone?)

domavery
24th February 2008, 08:51 PM
Some cars had a problem with a poorly sealed spotwelded joint in the metal panels that are exposed when you remove the wingmirror panel. Water then runs down behind the interior trim and fills the footwells (can reck your radio if it's under the seat on that side of the car) remove the wingmirror panel and seal with proper seam sealer (or bog standard silicone?)

Ah, Thanks for this update, Funny since I have told my wife not to take the car through the car wash its seems to have stopped, I will take the wing mirror off and do as you say, Thanks for this, Dom

ottoman
24th February 2008, 08:58 PM
Ah, Thanks for this update, Funny since I have told my wife not to take the car through the car wash its seems to have stopped, I will take the wing mirror off and do as you say, Thanks for this, Dom

Keep us updated Dom

Tiggerz_SRi
27th February 2008, 04:01 PM
Any news?

Scuttle pannel under the wipers has drains, They could be blocked. Get a dryish day, Bucket of water and a mate.

One sits in, One throws water (or hose) Do a window at a time, a door at a time etc.

domavery
28th February 2008, 09:36 AM
Any news?

Scuttle pannel under the wipers has drains, They could be blocked. Get a dryish day, Bucket of water and a mate.

One sits in, One throws water (or hose) Do a window at a time, a door at a time etc.

Not had the time yet, I must get my rear door to lock first, then move back to this problem, for a summers day I think

R5gtt
26th January 2009, 01:39 PM
I had the same problem, It's easier if you remove the wing mirrors as beneath them lies the problem. There is a well which fills with water because the drain flap at the bottom gets blocked. Unblock these drains & problem solved.:d