: Renault - Scenic - Stutters when Idling *fixed*

bengook
30th July 2007, 03:39 PM
Hi

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated..

I have a 2002 Scenic megane Automatic. Have recently had the Crank shaft sensor replaced as it was causing the engine to cut out and ignition failure. Recently after a long motorway journey the car is juddering and stuttering when idling. As soon as I pull off and am driving its absolutley fine. My gut feeling was an air intake problem. Has anyone had anything similar? Or any pointers would be great..:confused:

Thanks

chris m
30th July 2007, 03:42 PM
Welcome to the forum, could be the MAP sensor. It sits on the bulkhead of the engine bay, small black box with a wiring plug and a vacum pipe going into it, the pipe can split.

madnoel10
30th July 2007, 03:48 PM
Hi Ben - if it a petrol engine could be the dreaded coils failure - have you been driving through any floods lately.

Try a search through the forum for "coils" and see of any of the symptoms match yours.:)

bengook
30th July 2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks... This is cool, 2 immediate replies and enough to keep me busy 2 night

Thanks again

chris m
30th July 2007, 04:11 PM
keep us updated Ben.

bengook
30th July 2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks

Have had a look at some of the coil issues and I'm hoping I don't have to go down that route.

Gona try cleaning the top dead centre sensor as a few people with similar symptoms seem to have had success with that.....

bengook
20th August 2007, 01:18 PM
Coils... Coils... Coils

I've heard from everywhere that this is an absolute nightmare and an expensive pain to any scenic owner... The cause of my engine stuttering was indeed coils and after being quoted 80 ea to replace by a Renault dealer and 60ea by Nationwide I tracked down a great Motorist Discount Store doing them for 27ea and replaced them myself. I'm no mechanic but it was very simple. A bit of switchin around to find the offending coil but all in all a bargain and my car is now pukka... for another 30k miles at least.

Thanks for the advice all.

bengook
23rd August 2007, 12:56 PM
Chuffed....!! problem solved.

It was indead the dreaded coils. I was quoted 80 ea by Renault dealer, 60 ea by local garage and being the tight wad that I am I scouted around and found a great little Discount Motorist Store doing them for 27 ea and replaced them myself.. Had to do a bit of switching around to find the faulty on but only took my half hour n I didn't even get my hands dirty...

Result.. Thanks for the pointers.

leroy
23rd August 2007, 04:20 PM
Well done and thanks for getting back to us,
Regards Leroy

chris m
24th August 2007, 10:50 AM
thanks for the update