: megane no a/c or heated rear window or window washers??

sharon40
27th December 2007, 05:25 PM
Hi can anyone please help we have a renault megane 1.5 dci dynamique on a 54 plate.Today we noticed that we have no window washers front or back, no a/c or HRW and also radio keeps turning off?? when we turn engine off and open door normally radio shuts off etc but not any more!:steam:Can anyone help or give any advice please,thanks if you can...

madnoel10
27th December 2007, 06:29 PM
Hi Sharon - does your car have climate control. Sounds like your battery has gone into auto-mode whereby it stays on for 20 minutes before shut down - if you disconnect the battery the radio may reset itself - but you'l need the code first.:)

sharon40
27th December 2007, 09:25 PM
Hi no does not have climate control, could it be a fuse? and could all the problems be connected to the same thing? seems strange they have all gone together. if you know what i mean..

sharon40
28th December 2007, 09:44 AM
found some fuses under the bonnet that we cant get too!! checked the other fuses and they are ok.

eggsy
28th December 2007, 10:12 AM
Hi Sharon are you still having problems? If you have your radio code i would suggest you take Noels advice and dissconect the battery and hopefully the radio will reset its self, the other problems might correct them selves if it is the battery causing the problems. I would have a look in the wiring diagram in your manual just to see if the wipers are all on the same fuse, process of elimination i think. good luck.

sharon40
28th December 2007, 10:34 AM
yes still got problems husband is out there now,could it be a battery problem?

sharon40
28th December 2007, 10:45 AM
hi again he got in fuse box and fuse for HRW has not gone, so are we looking at BIG problems do you think?

clio141
28th December 2007, 12:03 PM
Check all the fuses, open the glove box and drop down the flap on the left hand side, all the fuses are in there. do you smoke? whats the cigar lighter like inside if you do? if its corroded then the fuse may have blown, it often takes the HRW and Washers down at the same time.

sharon40
28th December 2007, 12:13 PM
hI thats interesting we do use it for game chargers etc,will get him to check, thanks,

sharon40
28th December 2007, 01:16 PM
hi thanks your a star :d clio141 if they put a live to cig lighter everything works, but problem is now they cat locate fuse for cig lighter??? so still trying to solve this mystery.

clio141
28th December 2007, 07:20 PM
its usually a blue 15amp bullet fuse in he glove box. drop the flap and the symbols will be stuck on the flap in relation to the fuse setup, if that fails try your handbook.

biff
28th December 2007, 08:04 PM
Hi gang,i'm new to this but have worked on renaults for many years..sounds like you cig lighter fuse has blown,this powers all the mentioned circuits and is common to blow when consumers are plugged in switched on..cheers biff

sharon40
29th December 2007, 01:45 PM
Hi all again it appears that the symbol is there for cig lghter but husband cant find a fuse for it and cant find it in the handbook either:confused: so what are we doing wrong? surely theres one somewhere or how could it have worked in ther first place?

deano23285
29th December 2007, 01:47 PM
could be a poor earth on the car??

paultristem
14th January 2008, 09:15 PM
Hi, hope you solved this but if you did not, the fuse you need to change is in the fusebox inside the glovebox. It is the second one down in the centre row, a blue 15amp one. There should be a spare stuck into the fuse box cover. Hope that helps as I had exactly the same thing a few weeks ago and was very frustrating to solve!

MAPeX
15th January 2008, 09:42 AM
Ive got the same problem, except I have washers. Ill have a look tonight at the fuses. My Cigar lighter works as well.

carptastic
28th March 2009, 05:00 PM
Hi Sharon are you still having problems? If you have your radio code i would suggest you take Noels advice and dissconect the battery and hopefully the radio will reset its self, the other problems might correct them selves if it is the battery causing the problems. I would have a look in the wiring diagram in your manual just to see if the wipers are all on the same fuse, process of elimination i think. good luck.

hi sharon or anyone i have exactly the same problem and have searched for all the fuses that i can find and cannot find i fuse that is gone. i have disconnected the battery and tried a reset no joy. i have since put a code reader on car and it told me that the ac sensor is gone but i dont dont believe that:devil:i think its something stupid just like these cars

teerak2uk
12th June 2009, 06:13 PM
ac sensor?
do you mean ac pressure switch?

David N Ireland
19th September 2009, 03:06 PM
Hi Folks

I have had the same problem on my megane and discovered that the problem is a blown fuse. It is the second fuse down from the top in the glove box (15amp) compartment and is refered to as the radio fuse in the manual, the strange thing is the radio will still work even if this fuse is gone, welcome to the strange world of renault electronics!!

David
(former motor vechicle lecturer and mechanic!!

bower628263
11th February 2010, 11:21 AM
I have had exactly the same problem and thanks for the advise.
The answer was the radio fuse, even though it id not marked up as controlling the washers, air con light and rear heated window light. I think I had spilt some coffee in the cigarette lighter hole as it is missing and this blew the fuse.
:o