: Clio - abs and service light??

karlclio
7th January 2008, 12:33 AM
hi all!! ive got a clio billabong 53 plate and my abs light and service light came on. then the next day they went off? then the day after that they came on AGAIN n now they have stayed on?? its booked in the garage 4 a diagnosis test. just wondering if any1 knows wot the fault is n roughly how much its gonna cost me 4 ANOTHER electrical repair!?!?:( :(

karlclio
7th January 2008, 12:48 AM
hi my abs light and service light has come on!? it went off 4 a day n came back on so its having a diagnosis test on wed. does any1 know wot the fault could b and how much its gna cost 2 repair?? thanks karl:(

swfcowl5
7th January 2008, 01:24 AM
until its diagnosed repair could vary alot in price so until faults found cannot say

ottoman
7th January 2008, 03:20 AM
Could be as simple as a wire to the brakes or .......

Use the Forums search facility input - ABS fault or ABS light and it should throw up some info for you

martin B
9th January 2008, 06:03 PM
Karlclio

I had the ABS and service light come on this morning.

I have a 03 plate Clio Billabong 1.5 DCi when i got to work I checked the ABS sensors on the front brakes and found that the large Alloy clip for holding the CV joint gaiter on had come loose on the driver’s side.

It had covered the sensor ring on the driveshaft/CV joint so the sensor was not picking it up I had to snip the Alloy clip off and fit a tie-wrap to hold the gaiter on.

Now both the lights have gone off on the dash as soon as I moved the car.:)

Worth checking;)

jemerc
23rd January 2008, 08:12 PM
Hi
My wife has a Clio Billabong also and the ABS light has just come on, on that one - the brakes now judder and make a noise. Anyone have any theories of what it could be and how to test/fix it. I always do all my own repairs on my car but the Clio is new to me so any advise would be gratefully received.
Rgds
Jemerc

jemerc
29th January 2008, 12:46 PM
Update to my previous problem .... turned out to be the metal clip on the driveshaft gaiter had broken and grease got onto the ABS sensor - a good clean and use of a wire tie on the gaiter in place of the broken clip sorted the problem. Hope this posting will be of help to anyone in the future with the same symptoms.

The Pea
30th March 2008, 02:58 PM
I've also got a Clio Billabong and exactly the same thing has happened to mine. The gaiter clip was sititng over the ABS ring.

Maybe Renault used a job-lot of rubbish clips when they were making the Billabong

faz11a
30th March 2008, 10:03 PM
Hi.
This afternoon as pulled away from car park the ABS system seemed to activate ( I could hear it come on) for no reason on off side front for no reason as I braked on slightly downward slope at a junction- Then the ABS and service lights both stayed on permanently from this point on. The brakes seemed to 'work' still (without advantage of ABS) the rest of the journey which was A roads. On a second journey this afternoon when braking gently on a slight downward slope, similar problem occurred momentarily.
I have an 03 plate clio initiale so it seems I have the same Gaitor clip problem-

I intend to take car to garage v soon. My rear shoes seem to need replacing too cos they jam on reversing in wet weather like others report.
Thanks for your posts!

Update Garage visit proved everything said on this list was spot on- Thanks-
a) ABS gaiter clip bust ad leaking Grease on to ABS sensor- Fixed- But chumps thought you need an ECU key to turn ABS warning light off- Not so- It re-sets by drivng the car a few yards-
b) Rear brakes and handbrake 'sticking' on reverse braking -especially in wet - Was cos shes were worn and needed replacing.

Thanks all- Youa have Cut down my stress levels no end over past months!