: Good outlet Glasgow for EGR Valve

brox1g
7th January 2008, 10:35 PM
Hi Folks,

Some and some may not be aware but I recently removed the EGR valve from my wifes 2003 Renault Scenic 1.9 Dci. It was a mess with soot deposits, but sadly I found that the end plate had come away from the Valve and therefore needed renewed.

After a number of phone calls and being told by GSF and Partco that they were not able to provide the EGR valve for my vehicle. Andrew Watts stated that they could but the cost would be 200 + VAT :eek: !

I then remembered the well established Piston & Components, next to Sheildhall Road, Glasgow. Gave them a phone and they were able to supply the EGR valve for my wifes vehicle for 95 + VAT:d , with next day delivery :d .

One wee point of interest when i spoke to the guy at Piston's he asked me for the number off the side of the valve, but when I checked the Valve it was possible to see that there had been a number on the side of the valve but was not clear enough to make out, but if you are to embark on removing and cleaning your EGR then watch out for a number printed on the side of the Valve as this may help in identifying the one for your car. However, piston's still managed to get me the one for my car without it- but hey they asked for the number straight of the bat so it must be worth noting it before your cleaning fluid starts removing any trace of it.

Still I hope this is helpful to others out there.

Cheers

Jim

ottoman
8th January 2008, 08:48 AM
Good helpful post Jim

Teddy bears top of the league Jim, Hopefully that's us there till the end of the season, It is within our own hands now.

Gonescenile
8th January 2008, 12:42 PM
Hey Jim, that's a great find.

Taters
8th January 2008, 03:45 PM
Guys

I have just taken a gamble on buying the EGR valve.

I found the below site

http://www.msi-motor-service.com/ximages/pg-news_2006-egr-valves_special-news_web.pdf

It would seem tha the Vauxhall Movano and Vivaro have the same engine as the Laguna, quick search on eBay and a new is on it's way for 65 inc delivery.

Let's hope it fits....lol

brox1g
8th January 2008, 11:04 PM
Good helpful post Jim

Teddy bears top of the league Jim, Hopefully that's us there till the end of the season, It is within our own hands now.

Ottoman,

The Gers in their rightful place, just read St Mirren game cancelled obvisously they are not used to rain in Paisley

Its been a good day fitted the new EGR and car seems to be running like a dream, test drive of 60 miles different driving and no hints of any issues and a few previous faults gone also.

One cured fault in particular, that may also be an early indicator of a problem with the EGR, was engine shuddering when engaging 5th gear at 40 MPH. This issue is no more since the new EGR fitted.

Renault Forum Loyal

brox1g
8th January 2008, 11:07 PM
Guys

I have just taken a gamble on buying the EGR valve.

I found the below site

http://www.msi-motor-service.com/ximages/pg-news_2006-egr-valves_special-news_web.pdf

It would seem tha the Vauxhall Movano and Vivaro have the same engine as the Laguna, quick search on eBay and a new is on it's way for 65 inc delivery.

Let's hope it fits....lol

Good one, let us all know how it goes? However, when I was phoning about for one, GSF stated that they could get EGRs for earlier Scenics than my wifes but not the one for my wifes as aparently they changed something about them in 2003!

Taters
9th January 2008, 05:11 PM
Well guys the new one from eBay has just turned up in it's Vauxhall part box. The EGR is marked Pierburg, two of the part numbers printed on it are different to my old one but the one with what looks like a Renault Diamond is the same (H 7700 107 471.

Looks exactly the same, the wire connector fits, etc etc so I have just fitted it. Engine started and runs, revs fine with no problems. Not been able to take it out for test drive but will do later.

So brand new EGR valve for 64.70 inc next day delivery, can't be bad. About time something started going right ...lol

Taters
9th January 2008, 10:22 PM
Test drive carried out and drives like a dream!

Well worth the gamble.

ottoman
9th January 2008, 10:25 PM
Well guys the new one from eBay has just turned up in it's Vauxhall part box. The EGR is marked Pierburg, two of the part numbers printed on it are different to my old one but the one with what looks like a Renault Diamond is the same (H 7700 107 471.

Looks exactly the same, the wire connector fits, etc etc so I have just fitted it. Engine started and runs, revs fine with no problems. Not been able to take it out for test drive but will do later.

So brand new EGR valve for 64.70 inc next day delivery, can't be bad. About time something started going right ...lol

Test drive carried out and drives like a dream!

Well worth the gamble.

Result then Taters.:)

Keep us updated on how it goes over the next few miles.