: megane 1.5 dci dy fault code help

arranite
6th May 2010, 05:43 PM
hi can anyone help me please, my good ladys car has showed faults of check injection when we got a smartbox print out it shows df089 inlet manofold mem press sensor cir at max limit-then df049 refrigerant mem sensor short cir to earth. then df054 turbocharge mem solenoid valv open circuit or short to earth. we have had egr valve changed oct 09 and use reg forte derv treat ment any ideas i be grateful

thanks in advance

madnoel10
6th May 2010, 05:54 PM
I would suggest you get a proper diagnostic test carried out. I suspect the diagnostic kit can't access the ECU correctly in this case.:)

Lagdti
6th May 2010, 05:58 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Is the 'Check Injection' light illuminated?.Are you getting any symptoms of poor performance/hesitation at all?.

arranite
6th May 2010, 06:12 PM
thanks for reply guys, the light comes on and stays on when she powers up local (a) roads, we have been to a few garages but they all cant tell us what when or why. the main dealers around here are a no go as we have had thefts from our cars so it means around 100 mile round trip to next dealer. we have noticed little more fuel been used and little loss of power

arranite
7th May 2010, 03:55 PM
update on this: we had a full check done on it again today and a full service we even had glow plugs changed. nothing else flagged up yet it still coming up this fault any ideas?:confused:

madnoel10
7th May 2010, 04:04 PM
Has the EGR valve been checked or cleaned - it seems a very common problem on Dci engines.:)

Ralph
7th May 2010, 04:09 PM
Wounder if any of the cables are rubbing through and
going short to earth?

madnoel10
7th May 2010, 04:22 PM
I have lost count of the number of Renaults with Dci engines that have had glow-plugs changed unecessarily due to poor diagnosis. All good for the manufacturers of glow-pugs supose.
As the glow-plug light doubles as an injection warning light it's only natural for unsuitable diagnostic kit to throw up such a fault.:)

arranite
7th May 2010, 04:31 PM
egr valve changed in oct 09 and reg fuel cleaner added, staring to loose power at sixty mph, and hunts

thanks

arranite
7th May 2010, 04:34 PM
the only thing good about the service, it flagged brake discs worn to limit lol:d someone said pipes been glog, but would that show as earth or open circuit?

madnoel10
7th May 2010, 04:41 PM
Stop wasting your hard earned cash on fuel additives.
Now we know the symptoms the engine is displaying members may be able to offer further advice.
Hunting and loss of power is a classic sign of a fault in the air inlet system more so on turbo engines.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by open circuit or earth. Are you referring to some partcular part of the engine.:confused:

You say the EGR valve was replaced some months ago but were its internal ports and galleries cleaned.:)

arranite
7th May 2010, 05:21 PM
fault codes are:df089 inlet manofold mem press sensor cir at max limit-then df049 refrigerant mem sensor short cir to earth. then df054 turbocharge mem solenoid valv open circuit or short to earth. :confused:

yeah all area of egr was cleaned

arranite
14th May 2010, 06:46 PM
this is turning expensive can any one help me please?

madnoel10
15th May 2010, 12:20 PM
Has thye turbo and inlet system been checked for traces of excess oil and also has the turbo prssure sensor been checked out.
The fault codes do seem to be erroneous especially the one relating to the air-con system.

Are there any signs of smoke from the exhaust either during start-up or when the engine is under load??:)

arranite
15th May 2010, 07:10 PM
nope, just normal, but now the odd bit of hunting. we have had service and egr done but no further forward. we noticed its coming from 60 mph to 50 :d

arranite
16th May 2010, 09:18 AM
got car booked in garage this week they are lost, so i am not paying 80quid labour per hour anyone got ideas please:confused::confused:

arranite
16th May 2010, 06:38 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

sjcrolm
11th August 2010, 11:14 AM
I know its been a while since you put this thread on, but DF049 fault code is to do with the Air conditioning.
Usually the Pressure sensor switch needs replacing.

mickpm
11th August 2010, 11:48 AM
Noel is a fellow diagnostician and I've never disagreed with him before (nor do I plan to start now). I think he's on to something with the erroneous codes issue however Renaults are fun to work with so they could be correct in a false logical kind of way.

The A/C pressure switch issue (DF049) should be ignored for the now as it *shouldn't* have anything to do with the MIL being on or the hunting revs issue.

I'd get it back on a proper diagnostic rig so the live data can be checked; specifically pay attention to the EGR position sensor value and the boost pressure levels as to me its saying the car is overboosting and so the car is being governed/protected by limp mode.

Possible causes: boost pressure switch faulty or fouled. Also, possibly a worn/blocked turbocharger.

... More investigation required I'm afraid.

Mick