: Whingers Club

Nick
16th June 2010, 03:16 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:-IuL0sWdYwvUzM:http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL393/7950825/16721978/257869004.jpg

This was borne out of reading Selwonks thread - "How to unsubscribe from Renault Forums emails."
I just wondered how many would like to get a few things off their chest and share their concerns about life et al?

You know the scenario, down the pub moaning about wives, state of the economy, unwanted emails etc etc..

I've got loads to moan about, just needs something to spark me off!

madnoel10
16th June 2010, 03:40 PM
Whingers get on my wick surely there's more to life than complaining.

Two young (31 qnd 32 years of age) neighbours of mine died this week - leaving two kids without a Mum and another two without a Dad. It certainly puts life into perspective so why waste the time and effort in whinging Eh!!:(

Pat.w
16th June 2010, 03:46 PM
can we please formally request that members do not attempt to spark Nick off http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/p020.gif

scatz
16th June 2010, 03:46 PM
That's horrible Noel but sometimes complaining needs to be done my friend.

For instance, the rubbish that blows off our street into our garden.....why are the council not keeping the streets clean? Why should I have to pick up other people rubbish and fill my bins with it?

I'm so hacked off with it now that I've started, as of three days ago, to keep all the rubbish that blows into our garden in a seperate black sack which will, after a week or two, no doubt be full! It shall then find it's way to the town hall where I shall dump it on their desk and ask them what they intend to do about it!

I even had a used incontinence pad blow into the garden the other day....that's what lit my wick :steam:

So you see Noel, some times complaints are necessary :d However, I agree about not moaning about the simple things ;)

Nick
16th June 2010, 03:47 PM
can we please formally request that member do not attempt to spark Nick off http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/p020.gif

'Ere we go............:devil:

And Scatz, you could always give it to the missus for washing, then give it to your grandad...:d

scatz
16th June 2010, 03:51 PM
And Scatz, you could always give it to the missus for washing, then give it to your grandad

You're a wrongun' Nick...oh, and they're both dead by the way :moonie:

madnoel10
16th June 2010, 03:54 PM
I think its down to how you view lifes troubles but in my experience lifes is just to short to get uptight anymore.
But just to get things started here goes!!:crazy:

Should dog owners be charged extra tax for cleaning the streets and is it right dogs are licenced.:mad:

scatz
16th June 2010, 04:05 PM
Licensing dogs would be fair play.....free of course ;)

Charged extra tax, hell no. I clean up after my dog so why should I pay for other peoples laziness! Should we, therefore, charge extra tax for chewing gum......'chewers'?

madnoel10
16th June 2010, 04:12 PM
Where I live dogs are licenced and the money raised goes to fund council owned dog wardens and cleansing departments who can hand out instant fines for various reasons. They even employ covert cameras to catch repeated offenders who allow their dogs to break the law. Surprisingly since this legislation was introduced 10 years ago the dog population has never been in better health.

I just knew my comments would get a good whinge going.:crazy::)

Nick
16th June 2010, 04:13 PM
Apologies Scatz...:o

Sounds like a good idea,Noel, whereabouts are you, I wish our local lot would enforce the local bylaws here in Bury St Edmunds.

VelSatisfied
16th June 2010, 04:17 PM
can we please formally request that members do not attempt to spark Nick off http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/p020.gif

I've spilled your pint Nick - what'cha gonna do about it???:d

One of my pet hates is recycling - all the window dressing that goes with it.

I have 4 bins at my (ahem) disposal - and I have to separate all the refuse out, so that the Council can send a specific vehicle to collect what's due to be uplifted. Whats the cost (real & environmental) about all these different bins, and all these different lorries? Why not just have one lorry & one bin, and it all gets separated out at a refuse centre?

On a similar topic, I have a dump (sorry, Recycling Centre:rolleyes:) one mile from my house. However, should I use my van to carry the waste (not business-related, I would add), I am barred from using that centre, and must make a 20 mile round trip to use another centre (what's environmental about that?), whilst others can go with trailers & roofboxes filled to overflowing???

Just a couple to get me going...:d

Paul

Pat.w
16th June 2010, 04:21 PM
The trouble is that a lot of the councils dont even recycle the stuff that they collect from the special boxes in the special vehicles

Nick
16th June 2010, 04:24 PM
Roundabouts - they get my heckles up. Not the roundabouts themselves, but the idiots who don't know the basics. IE, the person in the left lane who cuts right across your bonnet to turn right and give you the finger 'cos you blast your horn at them.
Or the brain dead who approach a completely empty roundabout and stop right in front of you. 1st rule of a roundabout is to 'look to go' not bl**dy stop and then make a decision. I've already made one and its something to do with sex and travel...:loser:

madnoel10
16th June 2010, 04:30 PM
I have 3 so-called recycling bins at my home and I agree that only one is ever filled - yet this enormous fuel guzzling truck insists on calling every fortnight whether it's needed or not.
I wrote to my local council regarding these concerns and was officialy informed that whilst it may be a waste of resources it was cheaper than the fines that could be imposed by the European Union do-gooders. In other words the actions of the so-called greens are having a detrimental effect.:crazy:

I take your point regarding taking waste to a recycling centre and our local council have introduced a licensing scheme whereby small business can take their waste to one of the recycling centres but only if the rubbish has been sorted and can be recyled. They found out that as an alternative some small companies where fly-tipping and the cost of such clean-ups outweighed the cost of permitting the use of a recycling centre.:)

VelSatisfied
16th June 2010, 04:34 PM
What amazes me about roundabouts is that those who will happily take them as a straightline (thus cutting my lane), when I'm in the car or on the bike, suddenly remember how to turn a wheel when I'm beside them in the van...

I wonder if its the 250lbs-worth of bullbars???:d

Oh, that's another pet one of mine...

Paul

Azurael
16th June 2010, 05:36 PM
There needs to be a licensing scheme for cyclists wanting to ride on public roads. It's got ridiculous now... It's all very well them complaining about poor standards of driving, but I don't regularly see drivers or motorcyclists: ignoring red lights (one nearly hit me going across a green pedestrian crossing on the way to work the other day!), overtaking on the inside, cutting other road users up (often from the inside too!), riding down narrow pavements/taking short-cuts across pavements, making pretty much every manoeuvre without any observation of their surroundings, riding with zero protective gear, having no lights on at night (and no reflective clothing) whereas pretty much ALL the cyclists I see on the road EVERY DAY are doing at least one, and usually several of the above.

Still, none of them are quite as bad as the one who nearly had me drive into a bollard when I came round the corner and he was bang-smack in the middle of the road, on my side, coming toward me at high speed, with no lights.

And what is the obsession with overtaking short lines of cars at lights when there's no other traffic ahead, only to have them all have to fight their way back past the cyclist...?! F**ing deathwish...

Nick
16th June 2010, 06:04 PM
Lordy lord, what have I started???:angel::screwloose:

VelSatisfied
16th June 2010, 06:31 PM

Oh, don't start whinging about this???:d

scatz
16th June 2010, 08:43 PM
Apologies Scatz...:o

Don't be daft Nick, one I didn't know and the other died over 25 years ago :rolleyes:

Anyways back to whinging....hmm, hows about tw@<hidden> that don't say thank you when you let them/flash them through a gap on the road. Sorry to state this but it's predominantly women that have no manners on the road!!

Whilst on the subject of women.....those that drive hulking great off roaders and can barely see over the steering wheel :steam:

greenside
16th June 2010, 08:59 PM
Whilst on the subject of women...
and
There needs to be a licensing scheme...

There is one - it's a marriage licence - why doesn't it have to be renewed every year...:d

greenside
16th June 2010, 09:01 PM
I'm off to hide :sofa: with a beer:beer:

Nick
17th June 2010, 07:47 AM
I'm off to hide :sofa: with a beer:beer:

It's ok Greeny, you can come out now.........:d

Women eh? You can't live with them and you can't live with them.:surrender

hondo
9th July 2010, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Nick http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=635411#post635411)

Oh, don't start whinging about this???:d

:rofl::rofl:

and

There is one - it's a marriage licence - why doesn't it have to be renewed every year...:d

:rofl::rofl:

Nick
25th August 2010, 11:01 PM
Lycra clad lovelies on bicycles, elbows tucked in , hands adjacent to the stem, each a foot away from the brake levers, holding up the 1/2 mile of traffic queuing behind them, when there is a purpose made cycle track 10' away that the local council has spent hundreds of thousand of pounds in providing a safe haven for these morons and normal thinking people out for a ride.....

moi
25th August 2010, 11:05 PM
Bleep Bleep Bleep :censored::censored::censored: ahhhhhh I feel better now :d

Nick
25th August 2010, 11:58 PM
Bleep Bleep Bleep :censored::censored::censored: ahhhhhh I feel better now :d

It's good to get something off your chest Moi :d

moi
25th August 2010, 11:59 PM
It's good to get something off your chest Moi :d

It certainly is Nick :d

tahrey
6th September 2010, 12:13 AM
In general, my thought processes often go a bit Dr Evil:

Why must I be surrounded by FRICKIN' IIIIDIOTS?!

I'll accept I'm not the brightest or most insightful/considerate tool in the shed a lot of the time, but I'm a regular tower of shining wit and wisdom compared to some people I have to live and work around. It just beggars belief that they've managed to dress themselves and get on the scene without landing up in hospital, the things they have trouble with. Doesn't help it's usually muggins who's called upon to sort their sh*t out when it all goes belly-up, or they give up without even trying to do a pretty simple thing/read the two-line instruction card for it/etc.

Suppose I should be grateful, because if they didn't have problems I'd be out of a job, but I'm pretty sure the spirit of the thing is to help when stuff actually breaks down, or with techie issues they can't reasonably be expected to have knowledge, experience, or a fighting chance of working out unaided. Not "how do you turn it on" (by pressing that big glowing button marked ON, as described in the 20pt Arial bullet-pointed laminated instruction card right in front of you right now damn it all) and the like.

Though my ire this week is caused by whoever authorised one man (external contractor) for a two man job doing various things onsite, when I already planned to be away, or at least to take a day off. Instead he was here for a day longer (not his fault, good chap and was as baffled as I), me basically being his runner and work-buddy, in til stupid o'clock each day. Then someone else's previous shoddy and plainly should-never-have-been-signed-off bit of DIY'ing landed me in bloody A&E.

That and all the fun on the roads in between, with f*ckheads who probably only realised that turning the steering wheel anticlockwise makes the car go left a few minutes earlier. I doubt they're actually licensed. Riding my bike home today (picking it up once finally medically cleared to hold a handlebar) I saw not one but two instances of some cretin starting in the left hand lane entering a roundabout, moving to the centre without signals, and eventually exiting somewhere off to the right. What in all the hell? And another doing pretty much the opposite, nearly running into me in the process? You can't possibly learn that stuff from a proper instructor, or pass a test with it. Jesus.

Props to the guys in B&Q who shut the customer service desk before all the customers had got out of the building, too. Thanks for that. Now I have to come back on another day, with time I don't have, to sort out an issue that arose at the tills dead on 4pm. It's only, what, five minutes longer you have to keep it open? Come on.

Not to mention the solicitors/accident managers/whatever they're calling themselves this week supposedly sorting my accident out. Look. Guys. I work. I work hard. Long hours. The same as, or more, than both yourselves and accident repair estimators. It takes a special favour to get out and have a quote done. Please tell me why, after having two of the things done already, at two different places, this isn't enough for you and I've got to have a third? It's been almost 18 months since the accident. My having to find time for this (by god I hope they open on a saturday as I can NOT get daytime off in september) is basically what's holding the legal side of all this up. Can't you just take one of the existing ones and run with it, or... well, sh*t, I dunno, CALL THE REPAIRERS YOURSELVES and ask them if they'll honour that amount they ALREADY BLOODY QUOTED? Or do ANY of the sodding work you're being handsomely paid to do yourselves instead of me running around sorting it like some freakin' gopher?

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHH. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yours sincerely,
Mr. hasn't-got-his-holiday-yet-this-year-unless-two-sunny-one-windy-and-one-tipping-down-days-in-wales-(largely-because-a-certain-holiday-company-thought-it-clever-to-keep-advertising-interesting-breaks-long-after-they-were-actually-full) Somehow-counts.