Independent Renault Forums banner

How to change cam sensor on megane 1.6 vvt 04

34K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Sgjones 
#1 ·
hi can some help ,,,need to know how to change cam sensor,,ive heard it takes 10 min and also heard it a big job like taking off manifold can some one tell me exactly how easy or hard it is,,,thanks

#2 ·
hi, yes it's a quick job! just remove the 4th ignition coil (that's the one on the far right of the engine) it's held in place with a 10mm bolt,this will give you better access to the 10mm bolt which holds the cam sensor in place,be careful not to drop the bolt into the hole and remember to remove the rubber 'o' ring from the old sensor as the new one probably won't have one. the engine managment light should go out after a few trips!

#8 ·
DCIKEV: Have just changed my sensor as per your instructions, no problems apart from i broke the retaining clip for the electrical connection on top of no4 coil, Have done a few trips and management light still on, without access to a reader how can i get the light to go out ? Thanks

#10 ·
DCIKEV: I popped into my local garage and he found the fault code free of charge on his reader, and was the cam sensor, have since used the information to change it myself. Cant really go back and ask to use theres again. Can you recommend a decent but not too expensive reader i can buy? found a few on ebay but prices range from 25 -150 quid, dont really want waste money buying an expensive one if a cheaper will do the same job ? Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.