Independent Renault Forums banner

Clio High Level Brake Light

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Tpot 
#1 ·
Hi all, my wifes car needs a new 3rd brake light as its been taken off at the MOT today and she has been told to replace it, I dont want to really buy a new one from the stealers so was wondering if anyone knew the next best place to start, i had a look on ebay but they aint any that look the same, it is part of the rear trip and is fitted through the rear boot/roof between the 2 hinges which fasten the boot to the car and connects with a simple plug. I might be able to source one from a 03 reg clio, would this be the same shape and style?

Its to fit a 99 T Clio.

Regards

Dave

#4 ·
Hi i would say around £10 there and there abouts you may have to try a few as some the breakers do not like splitting something as its hard to sell it on after there are parts missing,and some breakers do not mind at all.If you cant get one i would keep trying ebay new stuff everyday all the best Donald.

#5 ·
I am looking at ebay as we type, there is this one - 120112780152 which i am looking at cant see them splitting it but i have email the bidder to see which part they want, maybe they only want the spolier so hopefully i could have the brake light out of it?

Will have to wait and see! Fingers crossed!

Regards

Dave

#7 ·
Hi Davess, Yes i like Valentino, have to say i though his last race will be one to forget, think his tyres went off, but apart from that when he is good he is untouchable, the things he does(gets away with) on a bike is like WTF, having got a bike myself i have the upmost respect for any rider whatever level and unless you have ridden a bike with a bit of go you cant really comprehend.

Donald, I rang the local scrappy the did not have any in stock, so rang the stealers £26.00 + Vat, i need one next week for MOT retest so there is £30 down the drain! I bet it only costs about 50p to make it aswell, robbing gits!

#8 ·
Generally the light fails due to water ingress into the connector.. So remove the light and remove and refit the connector a few times, It should sort the problem..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.