Independent Renault Forums banner

05 Megane 225 Electrical issues

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Shaftmanp 
#1 ·
I bought this car in May this year and have been very pleased with the performance but the electronics are confusing.

I had to disconnect the battery as was flatish and the car wouldnt start as the steering lock wouldn't engage. I change both fuses for steering in the fuse box behind the battery and starts fine now. However, this has resulted in a couple of issues.

The radio asks for code which I have but I dont know how to enter. Any button on the radio I press created a beep. but does not change the 0000 display. Also now the electric passenger side window only goes down an inch at a time. I have no idea why.

Since I bought the car the weirdest problem has been that the cigarette lighter works but does not power any other device. I have tried phone air compressor and satnav all with different chargers.

This is really annoying so would really appreciate help

nb I did search for these issued but no identical issues.

#2 ·
Thanks to Hondo, the radio now works.

One other things I forgot to ask, when I got the car the cd player wouldnt accept a cd (i tried ejecting but theres not one in it) and there's no cd changer in the boot. There's just what looks like an amp and spare box beside it. Any ideas about why not accepting a cd?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.