Independent Renault Forums banner

Modus queries

Tags
modus queries
3K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Pat.w 
#1 ·
Hi, My Modus driver door mirror was swiped by someone in a car park. It is now making a buzzing noise and is swinging around. The mirror itself is not damaged but I have been told that the stem is broken.

My question is, does anyone know, if I get a replacement unpainted mirror; which is cheaper, I can then use the cover of the existing mirror? Or is it all a complete unit and I have to pay the supplier to paint it. The colour of the car is Sahara. My local Mechanic will fit it and I can get a replacement unpainted for £58.80. Renault want £167.80!!!:(

#2 ·
If it's a removable plastic cover then I don't see why not. However, you run the risk of the cover breaking when removing it from the old so be prepared to have the new mirror cover painted. I wouldn't imagine the cost of a paint shop doing such a small new item would be that much :)

#4 ·
I don't know if it is removable although mechanic willing to try. I always find any small paint job, costs a fortune! I can get it painted prior to delivery for another £28.99 on top of the purchase price of £58.80. Which bumps the price up quite a bit.

Just wondered if anyone had tried it.

Thanks

#5 ·
I was colour coding my old Laguna which meant spraying the black parts of the mirror but decided against removing the cover in the end as I thought that it would probably go the way of most things clipped in place and get broken. I ended up masking off the area's so don't have any personal knowledge about removing the cover I'm afraid!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.