Independent Renault Forums banner

IR Receiver

Tags
receiver
5K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Fiddler 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the roof mounted IR receiver for a p/s reg meganne would be the same as mine in M reg Laguna - it looks identical on the surface, the circuit board and multiplug connections look the same.

I have succumbed to the dreaded plip not working scenario (see thread rotating door lock barrels in Bodywork)

Reading up on immobiliser faults it might be worth trying the receiver as both plips appear to be working, and I assume the injection computer is working cos it allowed me to manually override the immobiliser just as the book said - so before hefty bills from Mr dealer I need to try something - my receiver was bone dry with nice bright and shiny connections - so no hair drier is going to fix it!!!

Ian

#5 ·
Just as an update - I located a board from same year / model as mine - with same part number - fit it - and nothing - no improvement - (see thread Rotating barrels in Bodywork for fuller story - it got in there cos central locking doesn't work and keys rotate the barrels rather than unlock the doors!)
Ian

#6 ·
Time to get the door cards off me thinks - on some of the older models the drivers door central locking switch acted as a master and all the other doors where slaves to it - if the drivers doorlock switch doesn't operate none of the others will - on the older cars it was quite common for the retaining circlip on the back of the lock which holds the lever to fall off - probably lying down inside the door.:)

#11 ·
This thread has kind of got back to front! I have another one running in Bodywork called Rotating Lag Barrels (or something like it) - which has turned into how to sort out the IR receiver and / or immobiliser, and this one about the IR receiver has turned into rotating lock barrels!! hey ho.

Noel (I assume I call you that rather than Mad lol) someone - maybe on the other thread - told me drivers door doesnt operate other slaves - but if its just a matter of adding a circlip I might give that a try - I am petrified that the passenger lock (the only one I can now use with a key) sticks locked and I get starnded at work!!!!!

#12 ·
I know mine is a different make / model - but if its any use - there are 3 small clips on the edge matching up to the light unit - a bit of pressure with thumbs on the plastic over these and slide the receiver unit forwards (towards the windscreen) gets it off in no time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.