Independent Renault Forums banner

Lag II Cheat for losing the tyre pressure warning light .

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  charlzzz 
#1 ·
I had my tyre pressure sensors removed when new tyres were last fitted but was still left with the amber warning light top right of the cluster , on investigation I found with the cluster removed the front facia can be unclipped very easily by pushing on the black tabs at the rear of the panel, the black dial background is a plasic film which can be flipped up to reveal shafts at the bottom of which are the LED's , so I cut a small square of black insulation tape and placed it over the offending LED shaft , this took just a few minutes .

Hope this is of use to someone who doesnt mind a lil bodge !

#4 ·
Hi, good wee tip;) i have never owned a Renault with tyre sensors but if you do not mind me asking is it that annoying with the warning light lit up all the time??its maybe just me thinking i could live with it when in fact i would probely be bugged by it as well,cheers all the best Donald.

#5 ·
hi don,it can be annoying,ive never had probs with mine but a slow puncture recently meant mine would start flashing once a week untill i pumped it up and eventually got new tyre,but it would also come on with the serv light so you actually got 2 annoying orange lights

#6 ·
Hi i kind of thought i would get a quick answer to that:d do not get me wrong yes its ¤¤¤¤ty getting a warning light but i just thought with knowing what it was you could live with it on saying that when i owned my Pajero and when she was put into 4 wheel drive the 4 wheels used to light up orange on the dash and at night time driving it was horrid,cheers all the best Donald.

#7 ·
although you know what it is you still find your eyes getting drawn to it just flashing away to itself,and when you have got your eyes on the road and not on the light you can still see it flashing.
cheers
nigel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.