Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Megane II - Spoiler fitting question

6K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  swfcowl5 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a 1997 Renault Megane RN Paris in Red. My local breakers yard has a red RT sport model in with factory fitted spoiler. My question is, is it feasable to put this spoiler onto my megane. What sort of work would i be looking at doing to fit it. Cheers

#2 ·
drill and screw on i think.

Some cars are bonded on. But 99% sure all renaults are drill and bolt on.

Depends if the boot lid comes cheap enough as a whole unit if you dont want to drill it yourself.

OR less than a hours labour that at a local independant garage!

Should improve the looks of the car though, Megane spoilers really suit the car!

#3 ·
I bought a second hand genuine spoiler for my first Lag 1 at it was pretty easy to fit.From memory it's only held on with three bolts,so I suspect the Megane will be the same.

The outer holes were already pre-marked on the tailgate too,so it was just a case of drilling them and lining up the hole for the centre bolt.Just put a bit of waxoyl or paint around the holes you drill,this will stop any corrosion.:)

#9 ·
Megane spoilers (genuine ones) are hollow and are screw-on :) I did investigate fiting one to mine before it went. And lag is almost correct, they weigh the same as a badgers fart actually, a little heavier than a squirrels but not far(t) off :)

#11 ·
i bought one for my meg and its a complete change looks stunning on car spoilers really suit it just 2 drill holes and a bit of bondage and no not with the mis's

#13 ·
:):):):):) i have fitted one this week to my new scenic mk1 looks great too i'll put pics on soon as and show you but its a fully adjustable one you can buy quite cheap too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.