Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Scenic 1.6 Dynamique s fuel consumption

16K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ziastar 
#1 ·
Hi, My name is Pat and I live in Poynton in Cheshire.

I have just bought a used a 1.6 Scenic Dynamique S 5 VVT. Petrol, Auto. It is a 2008 model that has doe 26.000 miles. I am horrified at the fuel consumption.Driving at between 50 and 60mph on normal roads, and 70 mph on the motorway it is doing 26 mpg. Is this normal ?

#2 ·
Seems a bit thirsty to me. Obviously I have not been in the car with you driving to experience your driving style. I have not run a Scenic petrol auto like yours long term but did once drive one from I think Yorkshire back to Margate and doing a steady 70mph on the motorway I managed to average 42mpg which was excellent. My grandparents modus 1.6 auto (same engine and gearbox as your Scenic) on a long run at best I can get 38 mpg.

Harry.

#5 ·
I am having the same problem with my scenic 1.6 16v 04 plate. I get 17mpg on local and on motorway is 38mpg which fine.

As I do mostly local which is hitting me quite alot, refueling the car every day after.I dont think is normal. I have taken the carto Renault and they said it is absolutly fine and no faults are detacted.

But I am sure thereis something wrong!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.