Independent Renault Forums banner

help with headlights please

Tags
headlights
44K views 160 replies 22 participants last post by  Nick2L 
#1 ·
i have a 1988 renault trafic campervan
i need headlights for her but they are no longer available from anywhere tried most aftermarket and genuine suppliers. so does anyone know a mot passable alternative option to this problem?
can i fit modified spotlights to the bumper with main and dipped beam in them or would this fail
tia
carl

#3 ·
I don't suppose you have a part number from the old ones do you?

Cheers.

#8 ·
ok thanks not sure where the oval plate is but i have bought a 21 light and they differ from the mk1 trafic. the trafic all four corners are 90 degrees where the 21 slants towards the bottom of the grill and there is a bit of plastic on the back of the 21 light that stops it from slotting in beside the indicator light also the fixing brackets differ

#14 ·
Thats a shame cos i spotted these: HERE

Cheers.

Reactions: Meganeman
#12 ·
There has been other threads recently on this problem ... it does seem they are very hard to source now.
It was a practice to customise cars on the cheap in the '60s / '70s by fitting part from other vehicles (see old car mags for their feature articles). You could for example fit a blanking plate over the headlight aperture and cut a hole to take an aftermarket headlight. You could choose rectangular or round ones..and single lights or double headlights each side. It'd give your camper an individual look too.

#18 ·
:confused: ...I know but I think the ones I linked to are the same types as the one that Meganeman linked to :confused:

If they are the correct ones make sure to ask if they are for the UK market...Right Hand drive cars !

Post a picture of the front of your Trafic and the oval plate for us man.....Meganeman's having convulsions wanting to see it...me too :d

Cheers.

#20 ·
Im having a fit here TTT:d.Right lets get this sorted :d:d part number 7701032014 o/s headlamp for your trafic is Valeo part number 069142 and thats the part number as in mine and TTT s link:d ,i got the part number by using your supplied type number.N/S headlamp is 7701032015

#22 ·
The lights in my link above are:

Left H/S... 069142

Right H/S... 069143

Just noticed this in the descriptions:

Other Information : LEFT HAND SIDE For left hand traffic HCRA 67506659

Other Information : Right HAND SIDE For left hand traffic HCRA 67504669

Does that mean they are for Left Hand drive trafics?...I think it might !

Cheers.

#24 ·
Yes....having re read it I see it your way now....
(I can't see straight for the convulsions) :d

Make sure to clarify this with the seller though.

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.