Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Master - Gear Selection Problems

17K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Lagdti 
#1 ·
Hi every1, iv just bought a renault master t28 2.5d swb panel van and im having trouble finding gears, 1st gear goes in everytime, 3rd is ok but 2nd and 4th hardly go in. I went to mr clutch and after stepping on the pedal a couple of times he said the clutch needs replacing along with the master cylinder but he couldnt guarantee this would fix the problem. Does this sound like a clutch problem and if so how much should i be paying to have it replaced? thanx

#5 ·
Where have all the honest people gone?

Hi every1, iv bought a renault master 2.5d and im having trouble engaging 3rd 5th and reverse gears, DANTHEVAN gave me a couple of ideas yesterday but the mechanics in my area are all contradicting each other, its gone from a clutch to a clutch and master cylinder to gear selection cable to another part i cant recall. Is there any1 in the London area that could come and diagnose/fix the problem for me ? the van is sort of drivable so i can travel if any1 can help...07788852093. Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.