Independent Renault Forums banner

Laguna II - ESP Fault/ABS Sensor?

11K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  rawill 
#1 ·
So my Laguna has had this ESP Fault flashing up for months and months.
I sourced some 2nd hand ABS sensors for the front and replaced them for it to make no difference - still receiving the dash esp fault.

I guess I will now have to replace the rears sensors.

- Does anyone know whether the front and rear sensors are same?
- Are the sensors left or right specific?
- If it's not the sensors what could it be?

#5 ·
Suspension rattle was what I thought it was - strut mount top failed eventually.
Because of the tiny movement the shock absorber rod continually banged against the underneath of the strut top mount, the rod eventually smashed through the entire assembly and protruded out the other side bashing the bonnet up :eek:
I knew what it was when it eventually failed catastrophically, but near impossible to find beforehand unless pulling the entire suspension apart.

Oh and battery reset didn't fix it.

#7 ·
03 Laguna II V6.
An old thread, I know!

I have had the ESP fault come up a few times.
Most recently, and I think also the first time, when I used a water pressure cleaner to wash off a build of oil on the various parts at the cam belt end of the engine.

When it happens it appears the auto goes to 4th, and won't shift up or down.

Stopping the car, and restarting resets the system.

It has happended quite a few times, but on a 50 km return trip today, it never faulted on the return part of the journey after a restart.

Can this be a faulty ABS sensor, or poor connection, upset by water, or oil from the oil leaks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.