Independent Renault Forums banner

Scenic Megane intermittent starting problem

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Michael Ryles 
#1 ·
Hi, I currently have a Scenic Megane 1.6 petrol 54 reg with a Intermittent starting problem.

Sometimes it starts first time then cuts out. And may take 2-3 attempts to get it to run normally. Other times 1st time OK no problems.

Recently it has brought on a message on the instrument panel, service and check emission's. The diagnostic cleared the problem for a few day and now the problem was back. The message flagged up top up AIR CON??

The car since has cut out at junctions as well till it is warm.

The garage has said it could be the ECU, as I was also having problems with my column switch for the headlamps dip to main beam and fog lights not working, although that is now OK its seems.

Could it be the sensor in the top of the engine?
Or something else.

Any advise please.

Mick

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Mick,

as your engine in your Scenic is the 1.6 16v VVT K4M engine do you get a rattle like noise on start up. If yes likely to be a faulty dephaser pulley and will cause poor running and difficulty starting from cold. Could also be the throttle body housing needs cleaning with carb cleaner.

Harry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.