Independent Renault Forums banner

how do i remove egr valve from 2004 scenic 1.9dci

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dcikev 
#1 ·
hi all i need help removing the egr valve . i know where it is b ut i need help removing it what are the steps to getting it out because i can get 2 bolts of but cant get near the third how do i get around this / what other components need removed to access this ? all help great appreciated

#6 ·
Can we take this opportunity to remind all members (again) that the sharing of copyright material (that includes PDF documents from the Renault Dialogys) through the forum is strictly against forum rules.

Many thanks,

Lagdti on behalf of the Mod team.

#7 ·
i removed mine last week and it's not an easy job! Firstly you need to remove the wiper arms and plastic scuttle panel then the metal panels underneath,this will give you a clear view of the valve,you will need to remove the vaccume resevoir,part of the inlet manifold which the engine stop valve is attached to,there are around five bolts holding the valve and cooling assembly to the inlet manifold all 13mm in size,you will have to remove the two hoses at the rear and the circular clamp around the exhaust return pipe which will be best replaced with a new one for about a £1,this clamp is a complete nightmare to put back on,my new egr valve and housing cost £170 plus £60 to reprogram the ecu after,altogether it took around four hours!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.