Independent Renault Forums banner

Changing a battery on a Renault Scenic II

43K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DerryUK 
#1 ·
Hi I have a 1.6 vvt privilige Renault Scenic 04 plate. How do I change the battery? Is it a case of just removing the terminals and connecting in the new battery, or is there more involved?

Thanks for any help, anyone can gice.

#2 ·
It is recommended that you leave the sidelights switched on during the changeover, this will minimise any power surge from the new battery, also make sure that you know the code for the radio, as you will have to input this after changing battery.

#7 ·
It is recommended that you leave the sidelights switched on during the changeover
I concur, this should be standard procedure.. Some Renaults are sensitive to having the battery disconnected/reconnected and can cause spurious electrical problems. Leaving the sidelights on is known to stop the problem..

#5 ·
Our local car shop uses a small 12v battery connected by
crocodile clips to keep the car powered up when changing
batteries so they dont loose any codes.

#8 ·
<can cause spurious electrical problems>
Well let's be honest you can get spurious problems at any time.

But I may have missed a trick and I see you are an ex Renault dealer technician what did the Renault service manuals say about battery reconnection on a Scenic II?

Leaving the sidelights on seems to me like an urban myth and I'd be pleased for anyone to explain the theory behind it to me.

Derry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.