Independent Renault Forums banner

DPF Light Check Injection & Service Light

27K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Marlpit 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I have recently started urban driving since last 2 months. I had the DPF light 1 month ago - took the car out for a run 60mph for 10-12 minutes - light went off. Then few days ago, it came back on again. Took it out for another 25 minute drive at 55mph when the 'Check Injection' & Spanner (service) light came up - local mechanic has checked electrical wiring around the turbo sensor (no loose connections), cleaned the EGR, glow plugs and emission levels normal - all three light still lit - DPF, Check injection & Service light - please advice. Don't know how to diagnose a Faulty turbo sensor ?any other problem.
Thanks

#2 ·
If the DPF warning light comes on then it's likely to be blocked. This may because it itself is faulty or the engine is running rich and emitting carbon into the exhaust.
Determining which is the difficulty.

Have you had the ECU read by a compatible code reader and if so what faults were stored?

#3 ·
Hi there,
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have taken it to the local mechanic who has plugged the car into his diagnostic PC but he says it does not bring up any codes. He ensures that the emission levels are normal but thinks his software ?may not be picking up all codes. I was trying to save a trip to the dealer. I live in Kettering, Northants and will see if any one around has a code reader I can take my car to.
Kind regards

#4 ·
Took the car to KwikFit - Bosch Diagnostics - 2 codes: Particulate Filter Regeneration Malfunction & Glow Timer Control Unit Malfunction.
KwikFit say that the second error is due to the Regen Malfunction error - they will get another code reader to their branch today and find out the extent of block in the particulare filter - if it is less than 60%, they will do a 'forced regeneration' which should clear the faults. If it is more than 60%, they will not be able to do the forced regen. Diagnostics £39, Forced Regen £85 - Hopefully, that should sort the problem out. Does that sound sensible...

#5 ·
DPF light seems to have sorted itself after some long runs...

'Check injection' and spanner (service) light still on - code was - Glow Timer Control Unit Malfunction'. Any help will be appreciated as I am running out of ideas (and money)

#6 ·
Took the car to Renault Dealership - they say it is a code in the stored memory: DF311 - Number of Regeneration Failures Exceeded

They have advised that although the DPF light is not on (i.e. the DPF is not blocked now), the car will have to go through a 'forced regen' before they can reset this code, according to their policy - £187.60 (plus £40 for diagnostics).

Is that correct? Can someone with a Renault Clip not reset and erase the code from the memory as the car has already had a 'regen' at the local Kwikfit (Wellingborough) but they could not erase the codes as their BOSCH Diabnostics would not let them.

#13 ·
Hi - Thanks, much appreciated. I've had a few goes with the software and am making progress! I've diagnosed all the computers and cleared a load of faults except DF311 & DF312 Speed Request. These will not clear so DPF light still on with Check Injection. Like yours mine seems to have been trying to regenerate since nearly new without success - now 10 times. (Now done 99k). I can read the data (80g soot now) with pressure diff of 600mbar at 2000rpm 115m3/hr exhaust. 175mbar at idle. Tried Winns DPF cleaner to no effect! - so bought the clip. Have seen the options to reset DPF after replacement or regen but can't see how to kick off the regen. Thanks again for your offer of help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.