Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Laguna - Headlamp washers sticking up!

10K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  saabguy 
#1 ·
Hi there, again, another post on my beloved laguna!
A small but irritating and possibly dangerous problem.
I'd say 60% of the times that i spray my windscreen washers (and headlamp washers), the headlamp washers stick up, and will only go down with a hard tap from above. They stick no matter how much washer fluid is in the reservoir, nor what the washer fluid consists of.
It's not a major problem, but can get a bit irritating when it happens at night, because the washer stalks block off quite a large amount of light, leaving a big dark spot in the field of view.

Anybody know how to cure this problem??

Cheers

#3 ·
i beleive this a common prob on the lag when it gets to a certain age,mine certainly done it and no amount of grease or wd40 helped the problem.i dont know what causes this but just make sure you remember to push them down before someone walks past and decides to pull them off.
regards
nigel

#4 ·
AS above it happens to all the Lag 11s, at a certain age, mine did it a year before yours.

There is not lasting bodge job, they need renewing, they are only available as a complete kit, (new jets and high pressure pipes from renault, about £80 all in.

Nothing to do with washer additives, they just wear out.

The front bumper needs removing to fit the new kit.

How to remove the bumper.............

http://dafranze.homeunix.com/webspa...sh/HOWTO-LagunaII-bumper-headlights-xenon.pdf

#7 ·
I don't know about the phase 2, their probably still working OK so far so no posts on the forum about them.

I did have a look at the old washers when I had them off the car but they are a completely sealed plastic tube about 6 inches long, I could not see any way of overhauling them.

#10 ·
As everyone says... only fix is to replace.

I had it happen on mine..... wd40, fairy liquid, silicone spray... nothing works.. Just replace it.

Luckily I got mine replaced when I got bumped in the rear and pushed into the car in front. I said that the jets worked before the accident but not after.....;) :d

#17 ·
Luckily I got mine replaced when I got bumped in the rear and pushed into the car in front. I said that the jets worked before the accident but not after.....;) :d
i bumped into a metel shed once and all it done was break the head off:rolleyes: unfortunattly the father in law wouldnt accept my argument...'if you hadnt have put the shed there':)

#31 ·
Can anybody confirm whether the Laguna pop up washers are the same part no as the Vel Satis? Mine also pop up but refuse to go down without my help. :idunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.