Independent Renault Forums banner

Screeching Squeaking noise from Drivers front wheel

13K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  The Equalizer 
#1 ·
Hey Y'all

I noticed a few months ago that my clio was emitting a squeeking noise when I turned right.
Not full lock turn, but even if i turn the steering wheel a few milimetres to the right.
It seems to stop when i apply the brake?
I went to take the Drivers side wheel off today to check it out as the noise is quite loud now & I noticed that the Hub Nut was Red Hot. I burnt my hand on it.:mad:

So I left it.:confused:

I'm thinking what would cause that heat?

Either Wheel Bearings or Brakes Binding maybe.

There is no noticeable pulling whilst driving. which would lead me to err on the side of the bearings, but there is no grinding noise & the wheel rotates ok.

Anyone got anything worth trying?

Thanks

E

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd remove the wheel and check the caliper and it's slides,also check the pads are free in the caliper carrier.It's very unusual for a bearing to get hot without being noisy so the brakes would be prime suspect at the moment.

#4 ·
Hey Guys

I was just having a look at my front brake pads wit ha view to taking them out to have a look & the caliper as well.
I found that I didn't have the right Allen key for the plate that covers the discs.

It looks like a 9mm allen key.
Never seen one of them?

Cant seem too see many on the Tinternet either.

Anyone confirm that its a 9mm Allen key I need.

I assume it is as my 8mm is too small & my 10 too big?

Many thanks

E

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.