Independent Renault Forums banner

Lumbar Support Lag II

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mord 
#1 ·
Hi

I have asked this question before but was just wondering if any one knows how. I have a LagII and the lumber support does not work (the cable has snapped). What I need to know is how to remove the seat cove to enable me to repair said cable. I can only seem to remove the cover over the airbag side. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

John

#4 ·
there are x2 pull cables that clip onto the back seat cables behind the padding.
the elastic straps at the bottom must be cut (i havent seen any releasable clips for them yet)
you will need to center the seat on its runners, ensure its upright then unbolt it (disconnect battery first) and remove it from the car to get best access.
oince removed you need to find all torx bolts and screws that hold the lower plastic trim around the seat, remove the screws and then the trim.
you should now have better access to the lower back of the seat and can then unclip the airbag cover and inner box cover over the airbag.
the lower part of the back seat cover should be able to be slid up to expose the cables with thier clips and the mechanism where they loop into the back of the handle.
i think both right and left sides of the cables are the same length, fitting them into the back of the mechanism is a bit fiddly.

as i said you really need to go practice on a knackered scrap car first to get the hang of how it all fits together.

when you refit the covers you will probably need to restitch a new bit of elastic at the bottom to keep the bottom of the seat fabric tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.