Independent Renault Forums banner

1.5dci 2007 megane 86 - starting problems & fault codes

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dancingdad 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I am having some intermittent starting problems with my 1.5dci 86 megane 2007. Starts fine roughly 4 out of 5 times, if not then starts 2nd try no problem.

I bought an obd2 reader which works with torque on my phone. 2 fault codes come up which reappear after being cleared: p0670 and p0016 which are "glow plug control module control circuit/open" and "crankshaft position - camshaft position correlation"

I found a defective glow plug, which I replaced and have replaced the tdc/crankshaft sensor. However the fault codes reappear...

Any ideas what the problems could be? Camshaft sensor? Wiring?

Cheers, Ben

#3 ·
The fault codes you have are generic and not Renault specific so may be totally erroneous and may be totally misleading. Renault use a different protocol in their ECU's and very few code readers are fully compatible. I suggest you have the fault codes read by a Renault compatible code reader otherwise you may be chasing faults which don't really exist.

#6 ·
I'm not sure if your car will have a camshaft sensor, if it has take that out and give it a clean.

Check the wiring to the crankshaft / camshaft sensor, unplug any plugs on the wiring and check that the connections inside the plugs are clean & in good condition.

Cheers.

#7 ·
Glow plug module faults often show on generic readers when a glow plug has failed. And I think its one that self clears after a number of clean cycles/starts
Others don't and need a Renault compatable reader to clear, even if you've fixed the problem.
Can't help on the sensor fault but I do wonder how many people have changed the glow plug module instead of a failed glow plug.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.