Independent Renault Forums banner

Scenic ii electronic dashboard resetting

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  zsangyal 
#1 ·
Has anybody found a solution to this problem:
Our 2004 Scenic ii 1.6 Expression has intermittent problems with the electronic dashboard display.

The clock (time) has reset a number of times.
Now the trip recording & other figures (consumption etc) reset by themselves?

How have you solved it? Any recommendations?

#3 ·
Since a week I have the same problem. The trip counter, consumption reset itself randomly, meanwhile the car is in movement, and there is no - audible - engine problem. All test lamp light up - , etc. Radio, internal light works fine during this reset...

Worrying that I can not reproduce it. It happened already by pushing the clutch, or switching to reverse, or simply by passing under a flyover...

#4 ·
Has anybody found a solution to this problem:
Our 2004 Scenic ii 1.6 Expression has intermittent problems with the electronic dashboard display.

The clock (time) has reset a number of times.
Now the trip recording & other figures (consumption etc) reset by themselves?

How have you solved it? Any recommendations?
I have the same problem after the battery was disconnected for the service , the clock resets every time you start the car could this be a battery problem

#5 ·
Mine had been repaired. Renault offered the complete replacement of the instrument panel for 600 euros. However a friend of mine suggested a garage (non-Renault) where they replaced the panel's 12v/5V converter for 80 euros. They said if it goes completely wrong than the repair cost would be double - but still much less than a complete replacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.