Independent Renault Forums banner

Espace (52) 2.2 DCI engine cut out

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  sherlock84 
#1 ·
hi all, i was driving to work this morning and the engine cut out, then i got a red warning light (Engine management) and a sign saying "STOP" with loads of loud beeps. this happend twice, there where no noises, rattles, Bangs or Smoke and temp was normal (3 Bars) left it for a minute and it started and seemed fine.

i have searched the net and nobody seems to be able to give an accurate answer as to the problem. most relate to the EGR valve, and all blame that, except when its replaced it still happens leading me to prusume thats not the fualt.
can any one shed any light on this please?

Many Thanks

Craig

#5 ·
tbh i dont think it is an egr valve as there is no smoke from the engine when it does cut out i think its something to do with the fueling side or a dodgy injector/s like you say a diagnostic will show any results please post what you find im eager to find out cheers neily

#8 ·
just got it back from the garage, Renault wanted £87 to run the dianostic's, so took it to another garage for £40 and was told it is the Cam sensor and the throttle sensor that are faulty. i have it booked in on thursday to a garage run by ex renault mechanics so ill see what we get from their.

thought this may help alot of you that have similar probs

Regards
Craig

#9 ·
hi guys, just an update, i need 2 new injectors and pipes and some other bits and bobs, so including a service, MOT, 2 injectors and a valet, i have been charged 1300 quid by Renault. hopefully this will solve the cut out problem (Fingers crossed)

Regards
Craig

#10 ·
right, as i have said in the prev post 2 months ago after replacing injectors 2 and 3 and the fuel pressure switch, the same thing has happend again!! so it is with renault from 8am this morning and i have just rang for an update (8 hours later) and its only just gone into the workshop.

whats better after injectors 2 and 3 have already been replaced, they say its the others!?!?!?

cheers
Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.