Independent Renault Forums banner

How to Service a Renault Kangoo Diesel?

17K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  chandelirious 
#1 ·
Alrighty There People!

I'm planning on doing a service on my Renault Kangoo next weekend - scary stuff - I've never done a service before but I feel that I should man up and do it myself.

So. I know that I need to change the oil, that I need to change the air filter.

What else do I need to do?

Is there a fuel filter that I need to change too?

What would you do? Talk me through it from the start - what tools I need, what materials I need, how long it will take a novice like me to do it!

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Go out and get yourself a gallon of 10w40 and a full set of filters - oil, air and fuel.
Take the van for a good spin to get the oil warmed up then drive it over a pit or whatever means you have of getting the van up of the ground.
Screw out the bung and have a bucket or driptray which will hold more than 5 litres.
While waiting for this to drain and let it drain completely, change the air filter and fuel filter.
Air filter box is fitted with clips so you wont need any tools - its not rocket science.
Fuel filter you will need pliers or a 3/8 socket set to loosen the clips or possibly even a screwdriver as it depends on the clips whether they are factory fitted or have been changed. Make sure to fill the fuel filter with diesel to the top before refitting because you will airlock the system if you dont so THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! :loser:
By this time your oil will have drained so refit the sump bung and screw out the oil fiter for which you need a filter wrench or chain.
When you replaced the oil filter you can start to fill the oil into the top of the engine and keep and eye on your levels by checking the dipstick 3/4 times so you wil need a clean rag. Make sure it mid way between min and max levels.
Once you have done all these checks put on the oil cap and you are ready to start your engine.
As a beginner this should take you no more than 1 1/2 hours.
Mickey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.