Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Laguna II - Bonnet Won't Open

19K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  richiepearce 
#1 ·
Hi,

I thought bonnet problems were exclusively reserved to the Laguna I but, surprise surprise, it appears not.

I can't open my bonnet on a 2002 1.9dci Initiale.

99% sure cable isn't broken. I can hear it operating the catch at the front of the bonnet.

Took it to local dealer, who said, no problem we'll take off the under tray and reach up to release it.

Hour an a half later they return to say they can't reach it and have no other ideas.

I've tried the usual "push on the bonnet" while someone else works the lever, but that doesn't work, despite a few encouraging load clicks.

I've even dismantled the handle end in the car so that I can yank hard on the cable. Don't want to pull too hard cos replacement cable is expensive and a nightmare to fit round the back of the dash.

Anyone any ideas, PLEASE!!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
bonnet cable problems

I have a broken release catch on my 2001 1.9dci laguna. I bought a new cable for a reasonable £15 or thereabouts. When I asked Renault dealers about changing it they told me to take it to a bodyworks shop cos its too difficult for their "technicians". Has anyone had to change a cable and if so could we please have a "how to" article written. In the mean time I have created some tight loops on the end of the cable in the fusebox area and use needle nosed pliers to open the bonnet. Seems better than paying Renault lots for them to change.
Oh btw I am waiting on a new keycard, current one will not lock the car as the contact is broken inside, How can they get away with such a rip off for a new "key"

#4 ·
Anybody had any luck releasing this yet. I took the under tray off (sheared both bolts:mad: ) and cannot see how to release the latch .
Had the internal lever off and tried from there with no effect. What is the routing and latch location on the Laguna II phase 1 ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.