Independent Renault Forums banner

Scenic keeps cutting out when you remove foot from accelerator

13K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Recycled Scenic 
#1 ·
I have a 54 plate scenic and for the last two days it is not wanting to start unless you really rev it then whilst driving if you take your foot off the accelerator it cuts out. Has anybody had this problem or any ideas.

Thanks

#8 ·
I dont but I can try and get one. If I dont will I need a diagnostic done ?
Don't get a diagnostic test done yet, too expensive.
If the IACV is faulty they are available from ebay for around £20.
The ignition must be OFF.
Disconnect the wire from the IACV.
There are four terminals.
The outer two should have a resistance of 50 to 53 ohms.
The inner two terminals should also have the same values.
Take your time its tricky as the terminals are so close.
:)

G
#14 ·
I think our probably right they started fitting fully electronic TB's without throttle cabels from around 2001 on the 2.0 & 1.8 engines which removed the need for ICV's and from 2003 on the 1.4 & 1.6 engines.

Removing and cleaning the TDC sensor would be a good idea.

#13 ·
I'm agreeing with ourcar on this one currently. I had similar issues on our Clio a few years ago. It was very frustrating, and sometimes dangerous.

The solution was the Crankshaft Position Sensor (TDC sensor), was removed and very very lightly the points were scraped of gunk. I think the bit was a magnet from memory.

It was very quick to remove, do and replace. We're not sure if the cleaning did the trick or if just putting it back more accuractly did it, but it ran fine after that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.