Independent Renault Forums banner

kangoo radiator cooling fan relay [what colour is it and where is it located]

33K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  colin39 
#1 ·
hi i need to know where the radiator cooling fan relay is located on my kangoo 1.9 diesel 52 plate and what colour is the relay and what is the part number or the amperage of the relay as my cooling fan has stopped working tracked it down to a relay fault but i cant tell which relay it is or where its located please help me asap cheers dave

#2 ·
I wonder how you tracked it down to the relay when you have not found it.

Radiator cooling fan relay is relay B on my Trekka. Colour may vary.

Description
A Thermoplungers 2 and 3 relay
B Speed 2 fan assembly relay (with air
conditioning). Speed 1 fan assembly
relay (with heating)
C Power assisted steering electrical
pump assembly relay
D Thermoplunger relay 1
E Speed 1 fan assembly relay (with air
conditioning)
G Electric fuel low pressure pump relay
J Injection computer supply relay

#3 ·
hi are you sure the relay locations are the same on a dci as on a straigth diesel ;so its the relay box in the engine compartment that i should be looking at then;well the reason i knew it could be a relay is i tried wiring up a new fan for the rad bosch make same part number ect ;but still the same no cooling fan kicking in when suppose to;so what i then did was wire it up to the ignition so when i turn on the ignition the fan stays on all the time i prefer cooling fans to work that way than be delayed by a relay switch;which 99%are a common fault to fail on most renaults ;so ill change the relay and see what it does when i revert it back to the suppose to style;also are the relays the same location on the diagram as a 1.9 diesel as my van is not a dci just a straight diesel thanks dave

#4 ·
You can have a look and confirm whether yours is significantly different.

Cause for cooling fan not running can be a number of things:
1) Wiring harness fault.
2) Earth fault.
3) Temperature sensor fault or wiring to sensor.
4) Relay.
5) Fan fubarred but you have already confirmed fan is OK.

Fan on older engines were controlled by a temperature switch.
Your fan is probably controlled by engine ECU based on engine temperature. On my F9Q 790 DCI, the fan unit is switched on when the coolant temperature exceeds 99ºC and is switched off when the temperature falls below 96ºC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.