Independent Renault Forums banner

renault megane 1.6, 1997, fuel pump problem

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  k_laguna 
#1 ·
hello,

I'm driving Renault megane 1.6, model 1997. Since 3-4 days i was driving my car normally, today i went to a trip more 200KM ...after i reach there ..i stop my car..untill there everything was okey .....after 8 hours time..again i start my car, it was started normally and i drove it down more than of 20 KM ...suddenly it start missing, seems like no connection with engine, i stop it for a while and try to start again ...but i can't start my car at all... the starter was creating a sound ...like usual at the time of start. but i cant start it ......then i took my car to mechanic, he said that my car fuel pump is not working and need to change new one which cost more then of $300............is it really a problem with fuel pump? ...if Yes, is there any other way to get fixed by car fuel pump?,

mechanic saw me the fuel pump under the back seat, one of the pipe was not attached with that surface ....i dont know that was the fuel pump or something esle............need you suggestion...

#3 ·
Had more or less the same problem with my Laguna 1. I went to a wrecker and took out a fuel pump myself from a write-off. Paid only $50 for it. If you do and you have several to choose from, of course pick from the one with the lowest mileage, and be aware that different engine sizes may have pumps with different pressure. I.e. my 2.0 Laguna with multi point injector have a 3 bar pump while the 1.8 or 2.0 with mono point injector have the 1-2 bar pump. Can't tell the difference unless you read on the pump engine body inside the pump housing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.