Independent Renault Forums banner

07 2.0 DCi scenic vibration

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  cph1984 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum so thanks in advance for helping.

I've just got very lucky and bought a 2007 Scenic 2.0 DCi for a great price. Although its 6 years old it has only done 6,000 miles from new. It was owned by an elderly gent who has stopped driving and I have a full renault service history to confirm the mileage.

The car has been great and we've only been pottering around in it and we get 46mpg. However we went on our first long drive in it the other day and I was concerned by the amount of vibration between 65-80mph.

I found this very uncomfortable to drive, almost like holding lawn mower in your hand for a 4 hour drive to alton towers. It's by far the most tyring drive I've done and I've been up and down the country in loads of cars! Our previous car was a 1.9 DCi scenic 2 and it was much smoother to drive, felt more powerful and was a pleasure to drive at speed.

It's defiantly not wheel balance as it goes if you drop the clutch and it seems to be between 1,800-2,500 rpm.

I was really expecting the 2.0 dci to be much better than the 1.9 and I'm sure that there is just something wrong, hopefully something fixable!

If any one can advise on any areas to check or likely faults it would be much appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
I've honestly never seen a 2.0 DCi Scenic so I can't say of any common faults.

It does sound like your wheels may need balanced?
Possibly buckled if the previous elderly owner had a tendancy to bump into kerbs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.