Independent Renault Forums banner

SCENIC II - Drivers seat squeak

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  bradspaul 
#1 ·
Hi. I have a 2004 Scenic II, that has devolped an annoying squeak/spring type noise on the drivers seat back rest. Everytime I move it makes the noise. Tried removing the headrest and squirting some WD40 down the holes, but still the same. Anyone know of a quick fix or if this is a common problem?

Was looking at the tray table at the back of the seat, How does that come off, and once off does that give you access to the seats springs and coils so I can do some lubricating?

Thanks in advance

:mad: I can't stand squeaks and rattles in cars...So why did I buy a Renault :confused:

#2 ·
Hello & welcome to the Forums Bradspaul.

There was a recall for the Scenic IIs regarding possible seat frame problem.

Log on to the Renault web site and go to owner services and register should come up if there is any outstanding recall work for required on your car, Click on the link below

Renault

#5 ·
seat backrest still squeaking

my drivers seat backrest is still squeaking like mad. There is also some slight movement if i move the backrest. Still trying to figure out how to either remove the rear seat tray table, or the seat cover to access the backrest frame to have a prod around...any ideas please

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.