Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault - Modus - Workshop Manual

59K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Modus is dead 
#1 ·
i am about to buy a renault modus 1.4 privilege ,, i want to know where i can buy a manual for it , do haynes do a manual for a modus?:)

#4 · (Edited)
Modus manual

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but I have a Modus 1.5 diesel and have been searching high and low for a manual without success for ages:(. You can get odd snippets of info from the net, but no workshop manual seems to be available at the moment. Fortunately our Modus has been faultless from new but the 3 year warrentee runs out in september and I would like to beable to service it properly and fix it myself. So Iwould also like to know if anybody can help. The car is great to own though, got my daughter back from uni with all her junk (3 years worth) no problem with it configured into 'van' mode!!

#5 ·
For the record I can sat that my Modus DCI, under 4 years old with 22k miles has been a pile of problems, which is why I need the manual.

Among other things the gearbox developed a noise when it was under three years old. Renault would not formally say 'there is a noise' although the mechanic did. They would not take any action because they said is was 'working ok' which functionallt it was. In the end I could not be bothered with intitiating a breach of cotract action. I have though got extensive recprds incase I get the urge in the future.

#7 ·
Last thing I want to do is pee off a mod but WTH here goes.....

Hey Devil's Laguna I am sure you know why -

You deleted and edited earlier posts by me on the basis that I was attempting to promote or was promoting an illegal breach of copyright via this forum.

Well as I've said before I am no expert mechanic, but, as a developer and software consultant I do know a fair bit about copyright and intellectual property - and on this one - wittingly or unwittingly - Renault have made the software I was suggesting public domain.

My wife bought the product I suggested and you edited out in good faith and when I installed it I expected all sorts of dire warning messages but got none

The software I was suggesting has NO copyright notice, NO licence agreement and NO protection against multiple use. As a consequence any purchaser can only conclude that it was designed for free istribution irrespective of content and is therefor not illegal to purchase or use.

If you would like me to provide any further clarification I will be happy to do so - and please understand I am not trying to be a smartass here - just trying to give my fellow Renault owners the best chance of getting the information they need (currently family owns 3 Renaults and a Deawoo - so quite a vested interest here)

Nigel

G
#8 ·
Nigel we appreciate what you are doing but, if you've taken the time to read the forums rules -

1. Content

You should also remember that RenaultForums does not under any circumstances allow the reproduction of copyrighted material. This includes, but is not restricted to:

a) PDF documents such as Dialogys files
b) Screen prints from commercial software
c) Information from copyrighted pages on other web sites
d) Pirated software
e) Scans of printed documents
f) etc. etc.

Please do not circulate copyrighted material anywhere on RenaultForums. This includes public areas of the forum and private messages (PMs)

We can not stress highly enough how important it is that this rule is not broken

you will see that this is strictly enforced rule throughout the RF.

and also, another mod has noted " Confused - how can it be free for distribution if his Wife bought it?"

#13 ·
This is ridiculous, why is there no manual for the Modus? as far as the interchangeability of the parts between the clio and modus is concerned, I am doubtful. Mechanically, yes, I am sure its possible as i know they share the floor plan and mechanicals, but the fittings, for instance for the air filter, I am pretty sure would be different and then the clios filter would not fit (I assume, and yes, I know what that means :d).

Why do they just not make a manual?

G
#16 ·
There isn't one for the Espace either

The 9 was a popular car tho, and as it got older lots were serviced at home. And it would have been a fair bit simpler than the Modus.

We don’t even get that many Modus owners on the forum, compared to other models....I guess that could show the difference between the potential market for the Modus, compared to that of the Laguna or the Clio

#17 ·
There isn't one for the Espace either

The 9 was a popular car tho, and as it got older lots were serviced at home. And it would have been a fair bit simpler than the Modus.

We don’t even get that many Modus owners on the forum, compared to other models....I guess that could show the difference between the potential market for the Modus, compared to that of the Laguna or the Clio
Yeah, valid point Pat. Why is that? For instance, out here, the Espace is very rare, as is the Laguna, whilst the Megane, Clio and Modus are quite popular. Is it because you Brits don't know a good car when you drive one? :d

Ah well, will just have to wait I spose, but at least you have made me stop wasting my time searching for one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.