Independent Renault Forums banner

Code P2002 Laguna 3 gt

14K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Gary bax 
#1 ·
Hi
Further to my previous post I have now cleaned the erg valve which was heavily sooted, however the check anti pollution message and check fuel. Injection warning light still comes on. The ecu reads 2 codes 1 P2002, and the other a pending code wich I assume is the fuel injection warning as this does not register the code error and re setts itself with the ignition.
Has any one experienced the p 2002 error, I have read that it may be the cat, any advice appreciated thanks Gary

#5 ·
Yes it has,
do you know if there should be a pressure difference at the Dpf pressure sensor even though it has been remapped, the p2002 code I have seen is particulate trap efficiency below threshold and I wondering if the pressure sensor is the problem, or the fact that there is now equalpressure due to the filter being
removed

#6 ·
Yes it has,
do you know if there should be a pressure difference at the Dpf pressure sensor even though it has been remapped, the p2002 code I have seen is particulate trap efficiency below threshold and I wondering if the pressure sensor is the problem, or the fact that there is now equalpressure due to the filter being
removed

#9 ·
hi
i have a couple of 1.9dci lagunas who have in the recent past shown 2002
this is to do with a problem in the injection side of things
only a renault dealer can take it further and in both my cars it wasent the dpf as the dpf warning wasent lit
both times they read check injection with the spanner being lit as well
it is prob a sensor problem and only a renault dealer has the correct software to read the codes.....i avoided the renault dealers for a longtime thinking that a couple of local garages could cope and after a few visits they themselves concluded that the equipment readers they had couldnt do the job.

#11 ·
Hi gary.
Im currently in the same boat as you. Ive had the dpf removed on mine, and im still getting warning lights on the dash.
I have access to a renault clip (which has died for some reason).
The fault code the clip gave was DTC200262 Particle filter 1.DEF.
This is on a 2008 initiale auto.
I'm running out of ideas of how to stop the warning lights, because as we all know warning lights mean MOT failure :-(
On a postitive note, the car does run a lot better. It's smoother, and quieter. :)

#12 ·
HI

I am under impression that there must be a pressure difference registering on the dpf pressure sensor even though the ecu has been remapped.One warning that I have is dpf pressure below threshold, which makes sence as the filter has now been removed therefore less back pressure to the front sensor, I therefore took the front pipe off and made up a tube with a pot on the end and inserted a tyre valve, applying pressure brought the check injection warning light on with ignition, not as previously the warning would only come on after a few miles, driving the car with too much pressure would put it into limp mode, too little pressure would bring the below dpf below throshold warning, I changed the dpf pressure sensor in case that was faulty, but nothing. I have now undertaken everything that I can do including cleaning the egr valve which was sooted up badly, and have booked the car back in with the company who remapped the ecu. My gut feeling is that the standard remapp they use is not suitable for this particulat car, as he has set the pressure difference as equal? and i think it should be set with the required pressure difference. it is booked in on the 31st so we will see. Or the ecu is corrupt which was one trail of thought but now that you also have the same problem somewhat eliminates that.

#13 ·
hi, yeah i know what you mean.

I have a clip unit (a chinese copy) and it does read the presure difference, well it did... (it has decided to stop working)

At idle the pressure difference was 0mB, and under load it read as much as 12mB. i have considered connecting the sensor pipes in reverse to see if that makes a difference, but the sensor is such a TW** to get at, and having a spare couple of hours to do it is very rare.

Strangely though, i was talking to the guy who did the software re-programming, he said on peugeots, and mazda's for example, the dpf re-programming only changes the teperature threshold for regeneration.....
i.e. increasing it from 700 degrees to 1400 degrees. Because the dpf will never get to that temp, it will never try to regen.

Im thinking i may have to fork out some more of the hard earned, and go somewhere else.....

ps. on a completely un related subject.... If an administrator is reading this, can we have a pictue of a laguna 3 tourer available in the avatars. I know it probably sounds silly, but i would like a more upto date, and acurate image reflecting what im currently driving. Ta.

#14 ·
I like that idea of temp differentiation, but cant see how it will help the fact that the filter has been removed and there is less back pressure.

It is a pig of a job getting to the dpf sensor, When I removed the filter I cut the exhaust in half welded flanges, so at least its a little easier when I need to pull the section off and access the sensor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.