Independent Renault Forums banner

Twingo Quickshift

5K views 6 replies 1 participant last post by  del7 
#1 ·
I have a twingo with quickshift that does not shift as it should I have took it back to garage from the first week Seams to have problems moving gears and sometimes hesitates getting dangerous as it hesitates at lights and roundabouts Renault have tested it on computer and apparently all is well ,although they admit I have an issue seam unable to fix the problem can anyone HELP ?

#3 ·
I tried 1 month from having the car but they have refused as they say this is how its meant to be . They did suggest going slowly which is not really practical advice when a cars behind you . I have offered to pay the difference to have a normal automatic as I fear for my safety, but apparently this is not possible .

#5 ·
It is extremely confusing The car is now 2 years old and out of the guarantee Its been extremely tiring . I previously had quickshift in the old model which worked perfectly I thought It may have something to do with the rev counter as this was the only difference but apparently not I paid to have a diagnostic by the computer all is well they tried to reset or update but are unable to please Renualt testers try this car :mad:

G
#6 ·
If you haven't already I would still contact RCS and explain the issue, and that you are concerned for your safety, the fact that you have been willing to pay for diagnostics and go to some way for paying for rectification shows good will on your part.

#7 ·
I have tried and tried and tried I have spent hours trying talking and have all the emails detailing the problems as well as going to garage . They did offer to purchase the car back at the price the garage would offer unfortunately I have initial model a lot of extras plus the quickshift pus ipod connection etc they offered less than half what i paid :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.