Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Clio 2002 passenger door will lock but not unlock

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  lancs dave 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have recently bought a Renault Clio Extreme 2002. Really pleased with it apart from the minor fault when I bought it. The central locking works fine, I can push the remote and the car will lock - however if I then unlock it, the drivers door and the boot will unlock but the passenger door will not unlock, to get in I have to pull the handle of the passenger door inside the car. It then remains unlocked until I lock the car again.

I tried taking the door panel off today - took 4 screws out of bottom of door, took door handle off disconnected rod, but the door panel still seemed very very firm, I was worried about breaking it or whatever so I decided to put the screws back and seek some help here.

When I put the key in the door it will go in fine but when I try to turn it - it doesn't want to turn it feels almost as if I'm forcing it, whereas the drivers door turns fine and can unlock the door manually myself.

Thanks for ur help in advanced.

#2 ·
I got the door panel off today and got access to the lock. I have tried spraying WD40 on anything I see moves but still no luck.

I can feel the lock doing something as the white box which has got the plug connecting moves of some kind as I can feel it when I hit the button on the remote. I disconnected the plug too and it never did anything so I know the connections are ok electrically.

When I push the latch up to the lock position the key will not unlock the door, it moves but does not move to the unlock position. I sat in the car and I could see the lock barrel not being able to go down. To unlock the door I pull the door Handel rod from inside and it opens fine.

I don't know if it could be the solenoid, so confused with it!! :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.