Independent Renault Forums banner

Laguna II ESP problem

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DePhazz 
#1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and apologize if thread is not in its right place.

I bought Laguna II 2002, 2.0IDE with mechanical gearbox just two days ago and has drove around 100km. Today morning after driving around 15km the ESP warning came on dashboard requiring service. It writes "registering ESP" with car indicator, then comes another indicator stating "registering service" or something like that (I'll check and get back later). I tried to switch off ESP while driving but no reaction. I stopped, turned engine off, turned it again and after 100 meters same error again. One more thing that happens is motor does not go more than 2k rounds per minute, whatever the gear. Is it normal?

I browsed this forum and most common problem I found was ESP/ABS problem together, but in my case only ESP warning comes out.

Note that I haven't touched anything like wheels or ABS system.

Can pressure in the tyres cause this problem? Or what can be the cause of it?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Just to update.

I arrived at work in the morning with the problem mentioned above. In the afternoon I switched off ESP while key in the slot, engine not running, and went to local service. While driving I switched on ESP again and drove around 10 km without errors on the dashboard.

I made electronic diagnostics and several errors appeared in the memory that we cleared. Service guy said the problem might be because of memorised errors. Now it's clear, we drove quite aggressively on wet surface and ESP worked fine.
Since then I drove around 100 km and no errors until now.

Hope it continues the same way :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.