Independent Renault Forums banner

Radio Code Factory Fitted

56K views 32 replies 27 participants last post by  mrsmartguy123 
#1 ·
Hi, does anyone know how to put in the radio code on my clio. I have the code

#4 ·
I've posted this now to save time in waiting for a reply

How to enter the radio code after disconnecting the battery or unit removal

1. Switch on the radio and then 0000 will appear in the display screen.

2. Adjust the flashing digit with the thumb wheel on the steering wheel radio control.

3. Press the lower key on the steering wheel radio control to confirm the digit and move to the next one.

4. When complete press the lower key on the steering wheel control until you hear a bleep which should validate the code.

So if your code is 5432:

1. Turn the thumb wheel until you see 5 then press lower key.

2. Turn the thumb wheel until you see 4 then press lower key.

3. Turn the thumb wheel until you see 3 then press lower key.

4. Turn the thumb wheel until you see 2 then press lower key

5. Then press and hold the lower key on the steering wheel stalk until you hear a bleep.

The code is now entered and saved.

#6 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

The code is specific to your radio unfortunately.There are websites that can generate codes and I think there are details of a few on the forum.If you do a search for 'Radio Code' you should find the relevant info.

If the site can't help,then look in the handbook,service book or any other paper work that you have with the car.If you still can't find it,then you'll have to take your car and radio details to a Renault dealer and they'll be able to tell you the code,although they may charge you for the privelidge!.:)

#8 ·
I have just followed your instructions using the steering wheel stalk and the numbers go in ok but I can't set it. the last digit keeps flashing. the code is in the book given to me when I bought the car so i am presuming it si the correct number. Any ideas please? thanks.

#9 ·
radio codes

im in the same boat i have also purchased a vehicle and cannot find radio code, fortunately i havent disconnected the batt yet so radio still working. Is there a way of displaying code when the radio is on? I know there are computer programmes that can be downloaded that will generate codes for specific makes/models of sterios, dont know how good they are as i have not tried them. Remember that you only have 3 or more goes to get correct code or it will lock itself out and then will have to pay more bucks to unlock. Either way the best most reliable way is to get the serial num on the back/top of radio and supply this to dealer or other company, they can also do this from the vin num but radio may have been replaced at some point so deatils on database will be different, they should keeps these records for about 10 years i think. You may be lucky and someone may have written the code on the stickers of the radio, just a guess. Either way a dealer may charge up to £30 for the code which is a rip off in my opinion.

#11 ·
I had same problem better now.

When I got the car off my son he had always used the dealer for repairs and did not have the code. So when I disconnected the battery I was in the same position no code on any of the paper work.So off I go to the main dealer full of thunder thinking I would have to pay to get the code. I walked in log book in hand ready for a shouting match,to the young girl on the desk I say, I require the code for my radio,hand over log book,she pumps some buttons on her computor,writes down number and gives it to me. In a state of shock I say, is that it, yes have a nice day bye, she replys. Anyway the error if wrong code entered, I think it works on a timer you have to have the radio turned on for a period of time and it will clear. The last one I know about it was an hour. Hope this helps.

#15 ·
When the radio is in default mode it can be switched on with the ignition off but will only stay on for 20 minutes - this acts as a battery saving device. If the radio is correctly wired disconnecting the radio or battery should make it revert to default should for some resaon it starts to act differently. If the wrong code is entered you have to wait 5-10 minutes before trying again - on each attempt the waiting time will double. So the radio can count the time elapsed it needs to be switched on via the ignition.:)

#17 ·
Hello all

I was wondering if anyone can help me...

The problem I have is my factory fitted radio is asking for a code.

I think I have the code, but haven't got a clue how to enter it...

I've tried pressing random buttons on the radio and steering controls but nothing is happening.

Any advise would be great!

Thanks in advance

Lady83

#21 ·
Hi all

Wondering if anybody can help me. I have just bought a clio, managed to get the code but the problem is I can't input it. On the little radio screen at the top it just displays the time and the temperature but does not have the 0000's or code displayed, therefore I cannot input the code. Can anybody help?

P.s. I really don't know anything about cars...

#25 ·
Wait a while with the radio ON, and it will eventually ask for the code - this is because it's been locked out due to incorrect entries (beeping every few seconds, but otherwise working normally?) - the period of time required starts at a few minutes and doubles for each incorrect code entry - I don't think they ever totally lock.

#28 ·
Have you fixed it yet?

Only I did mine the other day (Clio 2003 DCi 1.5 80) after having a new battery fitted.

I did it this way...

turn radio on and the display will show four square looking zeros - waiting for the code to be put in. The first blank zero will be flashing.

using the volume wheel on the radio itself, and press the > arrow to make number go up. (< to go down)
The important bit:
THEN - press the number 2 on the station selector on the front of the radio -
this will make the second blank square zero flash.. waiting for the next code number.

Use the volume wheel again pressing the > arrow until you reach the next code number.
Then - press number 3 on the station selector and the third blank zero will flash.
Input the third number of the code using the > arrow on the volume wheel
and finally press number 4 on the station selector to get the fourth blank zero to flash.
Use the > arrow again to put in the last of your code.

Then (I think - I pressed all the buttons! :d ) on the volume wheel - press whatever is at the ''12 o'clock position'' on the dial -
failing that try all the buttons (except the station selector ones!!) like I did and the radio should work -
you'll hear a bleep and the radio will come on.

It's a shame Renault doesn't even give you a hint how to do this in the owner's manual!!

#27 ·
As someone else mentioned in the thread the more times an incorrect code has been put in the longer you have to wait before trying again I had this problem a few months ago I disconnected radio so I could wire in some new speakers in the back didn't think and totally disconnected radio didn't have the code so tried a few random codes until I was waiting like half hour to try again so I got on pc and found a foreign code calculator which used a code of the radio and then gave me the code for stereo and hey presto it worked lol

#29 ·
I turned on the ignition and the 4 0's came up and number 1 started to flash,i then kept pressing 1 until the i got to the first digit,then i pressed 2 til i got to the 2nd digit....did the same for 3 +4 then i think i pressed 6 (maybe held it down) and it was done.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.