Independent Renault Forums banner

Parking Brake Check Reset

27K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  RGHKEY 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am looking for affordable software that will allow me connects to my Scenic 11 and reset that annoying message to "check parking brake" every time battery is removed.
I have an Elm 323 interface and various software’s but none do the trick.
Reason for removing battery is prevent arcing while changing oil filter with metal tools, Car still appears to have a live rail voltage to starter even when keys are out.

Normally would have to go back to garage to do this.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Mike.

#2 ·
Hello you seem to know what your talking about, wondered if you could help me??????

My parking brake stopped working while I was sat at the traffic lights, I pulled the emergency release in the boot, which allowed me to drive home, but the parking brake is still not working, my mechanic has taken apart the Electric Parking Brake and has found no fault, and said it looks great in fact.

so do I need to have it reset at renault or have a new EPB????? :confused:

Kind regards

#4 ·
I have had this problem and sorted it with the Aid of a Renault Can CLIP that I borrowed from a local garage. Before using the CLIP I searched Google for other suggestions and tried every possible work around, multiple code/diagnostic readers and nothing worked. Connected the CLIP used the test computer feature and cleared the code. Check Handbrake only came up after the battery died and was replaced…

Best advice on this either get/hire a CLIP or see if there is a local garage that can do it for you…..

Hope this helps,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.