Independent Renault Forums banner

No Power to Radio Or Heater

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  keat 
#1 ·
Hello,

Ive recently bought a 1998 Megane Coupe 1.6 as a run about, i quite like it so ill probably keep it for a while! Main problem i have at the moment though is there is absolutley no power to either the Radio or the Heater, however the Digital Clock works, which i thought would have run off the same circuit.

Ive done the basics, checked all the fuse banks and relays but everything seems fine.

Any Sparky Guru's able to point me in the right direction?

Cheers!

#3 ·
check the 20 and 40A fuses in the passenger compartment.

do a search for MR312MEGANE6 doc online it has the aircon faultfinding for your car.

there are some bits of the aircon system under the scuttle panel, relays, power modules etc... check there.

#5 ·
Typical. I got home from work to have a quick look.
Turned on the ignition, Radio, Heater Blower and Clock/Temerature Module in dash, not working.
I started the car, and they all came on.

The spring has gone in our ignition switch.
Does anyone know if the spring is part of the lock mechanism, or part of the switch which is screwed to the back of the lock.
Maybe it's related ??

The Haynes manual isn't much use.
I've scoured the wiring diagram and am struggling to find any one thing which is common to all units.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.