Independent Renault Forums banner

Need to reset ECU after new coils?

Tags
coils ecu reset
14K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Donald 
#1 ·
Hi i have a 2001 renault scenic 2l automatic, which has been having problems with power loss and surging, first i thought it was the gearbox as it threw up a gearbox warning light on the dash. I took it to a mechanic and he checked the fault codes stored on the computer and found the car had a "miss" firing sometimes only on 2 of the cylinders. So i replaced all the ignition coils and spark plugs. The car feels a bit better but not back to the way it was before this problem. do i have to reset the ECU to completely fix the problem? or is there something else wrong?

#2 ·
Hi i had much the same problem last year with my Espace missing:crazy: and i changed the plugs and all the pencil coils and i have to say mines was not reset not that i recall?? hope that helps a little,

oh if it helps when mines through the wobbler it did not give me any lights on the dash it was my friend at a local independent that said he was sure it was a coil playing up and it was arcing through the rubber so i told him to change them all along with the plugs and it run well ever since,sorry if this not helping that much so if i had to guess i would say you have another problem??

i wonder if its the catalyst or its sensor?? thats just a pure guess though,

Cheers Donald

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.