Independent Renault Forums banner

clio 1.5dci 65 tuning

14K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  gtv 
#1 ·
hi, i have a clio 1.5dci 65 does this have a turbo? and was wandering if fitting an intercooler and ONLY an intercooler would make a difference in horses? and are there any restrictors on the engines that can be easily removed. thanks

#3 ·
The 65 and the 80 use the same turbo ( 5435 970 0002 Borg warner K series ) If you want extra power just fit a set of 80 bhp injectors - its as simple as that !!

( 80BHP EJBR01801A as suppose to the 65BHP injectors EJBR01401Z )

A remap may help give a little extra power

You could fit an intercooler but it wouldnt really do much on such a low power engine.

We run a DCi65 bhp Clio courtesy car with the 80 bhp injectors and it goes like snot of a stick !!

#4 ·
Matt, aren't the injectors spray patterns coded on the various Renault K9K-7xx 1.5DCi platforms?

I know they're not on the variants that use the same engine in 1.4TDCi format [i(Ford/Peugeot, Mazda)[/i] but then again they don't run different power outputs. Genuine question as I've never had to swap jets on a Clio or Kangoo (yet) so haven't ever looked in to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.